Forums > Social Discussion > My thoughts on future governments...

Login/Join to Participate

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
currently me thinketh mr blair may have to resign over the hutton inquiry, if not he´s definitely out next elections- :clarification-him, not necessarily labour:.

bush is out next elections cos hes failed so badly on
1 the american economy
2 new government in iraq
3 israel-palestine peace process

just thought I'd leave this little post so I can look back and go:
"oh, im so great, I can tell the future" whilst you all tell me how obvious it was
or
"bugger, how did things change?" whilst you all go "haha, ýou were wrong!!!!"

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ha ha you were wrong.

Ah shizzle I've gone back in time again

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
I agree about Mr. Blair but I disagree about President Bush.

I think Bush will be re-elected cause:
1. A majority of American citizen can't name a Democratic Candidate.

2. The Democrats don't seem to have a platform aside from bashing Bush.

I think he'll be re-elected based on the fact that there is no competition.

I hope I'm wrong but something tells me I'm right.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Australia:

John Howard will remain in government until he is an even more withered old corpse because the public just doesn't seem to care even though:

*He has lied to them about the "children overboard" scandal
*He involved Australia in Iraq
*He delayed in investigating accusations against the Governor General Peter Hollingsworth with regard to child abuse claims, hence exposing the man to a trial by media (whether innocent or guilty, there are better ways to deal with it)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I dissagree that Bush failed in the Isriale/Palistine peace process. Frankly the leaders of the world can talk all they want if someone wants to disrupt the peace then they will and there is nothing that the leaders can do about it.

That is kinda like blaming the cook for the waiter dropping the trey. (make sence?)

Tika, there is a good deal of time left for the Democrats to pull it out.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
You're probably right Frosty, its pathetic but that is the curse of being a world leader.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
or the curse of not fulfilling your promises...

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Raymund your not entirely right. It's the curse of being a weak leader. people don't remember what strong leaders are like because we have had so few in recent world history so they blame it all on some shadowy conglomeration of factors that make it impossible for a leader to make a change.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
One thing that can help get rid of Bush is for all of the Americans on this BBS to make sure they are registered and vote when the time comes!

For all non-Americans? Contact your friends in the US and make sure they do this!

Another 4 years of this idiot and we'll all be in trouble.

Raph

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I wish colin powell would run. Not that I can vote for him anyways being a canadian, but of everyone I see in the american political system he's the only one who seems worthy of leadership really.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
They'll all stay in government... even as heads in jars, driven around by robot legs, as we the masses are continued to be whipped by giant hairy apes wearing helmets, doing our "Governments" biding...

Now we'll see who right or wrong... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Mr Handsmember
64 posts

Posted:
I'm sort of hoping they all stay in power. The logic is that we know what and who these guys are. We know they're disshonest and power hungry, its taken some of us time to see it but the truth inevitabley outs. If we vote new poeple in (and frankly I'm not sure there's anyone I'm fond of that looks like that can on either side of the Atlantic), we'll have to spend another four or five years trying to sieve out the BS and discover what exaclty they're up to again. Nope, I'm keeping my money on he current heads of state purely so I'm aware they're decieving me, at least i know where i stand with them.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
got to disagre there...

imo govenrnments tend to be good to their electorates for the first couple of years in an attempt to make themselves look good, then when they've built up a bit of confidence bring out the BS.

not that thats a hard and fast rule tho.....

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)