Forums > Social Chat > What did u practise with??????

Login/Join to Participate

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
I have just started learning the art of poi and have bought some practise poi off here with the tails.....they are great but the only problem is, I seem to be spending more time untangling them, than actually spinning them...ok I know Ive just started and Im gonna make loads of mistakes, but do u think I would be better taking the tails off until I get used to the moves ????Please let me know what you think.....what did you practise with???Thank you for your helpAngie x (with a sore head...and ankles and bum..I keep hitting my arse...eeek maybe its too big !!!) blush------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
I think we've all been at this stage! If you have poi with tails some moves are harder to learn as the tails can tangle. However they do help slow the poi down so can be useful. To remove the tails I simply roll the tails around the poi, and use a rubberband to keep them wrapped up. If you don't have rubber bands and have poi with open up with velco then you can just tuck the tail inside.If you do what I do and spend a lot of time practicing one handed then leave the tails out for this.Hope this helps you, good luck learning!Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are