addict
669 posts

Posted:
Thanks for posting Malcom.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
That is very good news indeed. Thanks for the heads-up.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Rang them too and I still can't get insurance.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
I was just about to start this topic!
I think that Equity are THINKING about it. Not doing it right now....also, you have to be a member of equity and there are certian requirements (invoices/contracts from previous and upcoming gigs etc)...
dave

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I can't get insurance because I'm a resident in the Rebublic. You have to be a resident in the UK to be insured by any of the UK companies like CMIB or Equity, there's one company in Ireland who tend to insure other performers and I was in touch with them and they won't touch me because of the word (you know the 4 lettered one...starts with F).

I'm been in contact with pretty much every performer in Dublin and none of them have their own insurance. They have the venue expand their insurance to cover them instead.....

I've already lost 2 gigs in the last year because of this and that's not counting the amount I might have got had I been insured and actively looking for work....

I really don't know what else to do at this stage. I could lie and use my mothers address in England but it defeats the purpose of having insurance doesn't it... I spose I could move over there

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.