Kirimember
4 posts

Posted:
Can someone tell me where to buy glow sticks? Preferably someone in Austrlia, better if they are in Brisbane

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Glow sticks you say... Try in camping stores... or some nightclubs... if you can't find any at those type of places, e-mail me...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
or, you could try a party supply shop, where they're usually in bulk, and dirt cheap.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
wot is it wit glostix? do they start glowing as soon as you get them out or what??? im confused but wana buy sum

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
glow stix suk
dont pollute mother earth
go for the illuminated action!!!!

at least u can turn them off

come visit us at Gooble Warming, we'll sort ya

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Hiya... the best place to get glowsticks around SE Qld is from the lovely people at Glow Productions

They have the best range, best prices, you will have to order them (because they are based in Eumundi last time I checked (Sunshine Coast) but they can be delivered the next day for a seriously minimal fee. (i.e. it will still be cheaper than buying them from some retail store in Brisbane).

I order from them every time I get glowsticks for myself and my mates. They're awesome people with some awesome products Oh, and I don't work for them but hell maybe I should be?

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
i got my glo pois from gooble..red and blue....and they are amazing, not quite the same as fire but still beautiful. bit of a plug for gooble warming there but hey why not lol!

firecastermember
10 posts

Posted:
try LIGHTSOUNDS brisbane

14a milsom st cooparoo
ph: 07 38471788

or

573 lutwyche rd lutwyche
ph:07 33573233

Dance my children, light up the skies, become one with the music, Thumpatron is with you. -The Thumpatron Clan.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Hiya... just thought I'd add to this thread... Glow Productions has some more awesome glowing flashing stuff at good prices...

woowoo...

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Or you could get some electroglo poi which are far cooler than glowsticks.And re-useable.and not that expensive.

Or some beamers.

Or if you got the cash than you should definitely get some Aerotech glo poi being that they are a thousand times cooler than anything.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
Hey,...
erm CPG...
have you ever spun glowsticks...much less seen one?

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
You're crazy CPG. Never spun glowsticks?
Go out and try some!

Bubble Kingmember
13 posts

Posted:
They do sound good but I wondered if they 'clonk' each other more than say LED balls. Does anyone have experience of the two to compare?
In reply to cutie poi girlie's question, glowsticks contain two chemicals. These are kept seperate with one in a glass tube (which you hear snap when you bend the stick) and when they mix a chemical reaction begins. Some chemical reactions produce heat (eg petrol and oxygen burning) while a few give out light in the visible part of the spectrum and this is one of those. The effect is called chemiluminescence and some animals use a similar thing like fireflies and deep sea fish. How they turn it on and off is still a bit of a mystery and a lot of people would love to know how to recreate what they do naturally. The effect has a peak period of about 4-5 hours but I have had sticks still faintly glowing 24 hours after popping. They are great for freaking out kids who love to pop them and have their own stick to wave about etc.
You can buy really small ones from fishing shops which are put on floats for night fishing. I find these too small for hand holding when dancing but they might be good to put in something to twirl such as a clear plastic ball.

Capitalism Kills - Kill Capitalism

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Er Kinudin & Lunchbox - CPG hasn't posted in this forum for a year now, it's a bumped thread...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Sorry if u guys have allready talked about this but : u can make your glow stix last up to 3-4 weeks!!!

After u finish, throw them in the freezer, in a plastic bag. Then when u need them again, run them under hot water and BLAM! They do start to loose some glow after a couple of weeks and it depends on which 1s u buy, as to how long they last. I buy the most expen$ive 1s.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Durbs:
Er Kinudin & Lunchbox - CPG hasn't posted in this forum for a year now, it's a bumped thread...
Err... yesh. I was just in a mere time warp. *facepalms*
Hate it when that happens.