Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Sorry about the bad pun...Well it was a meeting with lots and lots of staffers and poiers. I went into a building and somebody asked me if hed like me to take my staff and look after it. I said yes and looked around. I then went outside where there was a parade going on. There was one person with a staff and i borrowed it and started doing some moves.This organiser guy then asked me to give it back to him, so i did. I then went to go and get my staff. I then realized it was a thief who had taken it. After a while of searching i found it but the wicks were gone. There was a note by it saying "ha ha, nice wicks. I then woke up.Weird huh. Anyone else have staffing/poing dreams?

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
have you ever had that dream where youre standing on a mountain in greek robes and your surrounded by thousands of naked women and they are throwing small pickles at you??why is it only me that has that dream??I had a dream i was spinning fire, but i was out of body. I was watching myself spin. It was wierd or anything. All i could see was the fire and me on a black background."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Ha! Sup, was that Real Genius? Wouldn't it be cool if you could lucid dream and whip out some bad ass poi moves? Like spinning underwater doing the btb 7-beat reverse weave.

Fear the evil monkey!

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
I haven't had a dream about poi but i find myself (sorry-off topic) doing moves when im dancing or even just walking and listening to music-people notice this...oknevermindpeace love and poi

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Bingo give the man acookie for knowing his movie trivia!! I lovedthat movie.Hey acid, i do the same thing. i Have one of those squishy stress balls at my desk. one day i found some twine in the shop out back and punched a whole in the ball and ran the twine through it. BAM instant practice POI. If i had a dollar for everytime someone has walked up from behind me while trying to make a move i just dreamed up work i would be a friggn millionare.Cassandra and i were talking the other day about dreams. You ever have those dreams where you know your dreaming, and yoiu just take control of it? Those are the best------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I used to have those all the time. They would usually start out as nightmares but just before that point where you wake up in a cold sweat, I would find myself in control of the dream and alter it however I wanted.I haven't had one of these in a long time now though (nightmare or lucid dream).------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Yeah i used to have them. Whenever i was having a nightmare i would just wake myself up by shaking my head and jumping off high buildings( surprizing fun). Uhhr yuck, im just watching tv and there showing a film with a body with the top half missing...

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

bhawkmember
48 posts

Posted:
I wish i had dreams... seriously... I have very few dreams, in fact, when i go to sleep, usually it feels like Ive just closed my eyes for a second, and that no time has passed, but i wake up in the morning so I know time has passed. When I do have dreams, they're usually blury, short, and i cant really remember them. I can only remember having a few good dreams. I mean, i could see everything clearly, like if i was awake, and i remembered it clearly too, but that was long ago. I really wished I could have lucid dreams, but Id be happy to have regular dreams...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Having a jade crystal under your pillow is meant to help you with astral travels ....

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
REAL GENIUS rocked! What a cool movie...the first one where there is more popcorn at the end than at the beginning (winks conspiratorily at Supafly and Superman)I have like 3 dreams that I can actually remember in my whole life.1. A precursor to Jurassic park, when i was young i fdreamed i was in an Alien theme park (i.e. Sigourney Weaver aliens) and they busted out and started killing everyone, except I never saw them, just kept finding the bodies....(eeeww)2. Not saying!3. Dreamed i was unicycling along the top of the Auckland Harbour bridge, and my fiance's mother saw it on the news and told us we couldn't get married anymore.That's it, the grand total of every dream I've ever been able to remember...(sad little git ain't I)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 28 September 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
I tend to fear those dreams where I know I'm dreaming but I can't seem to wake myself up. Because its usually I get hit by a car or something evil is after me, or like one time I couldn't feel my arm, and I couldn't make it move, but it was weird, cause I was actually thinking I was awake, but I STILL couldn't move my arm...and it was fighting, and I had to shake REAL hard to wake up...and I was all out of breath...heh. sorry. rant...I'll shut up now

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Dreams , dreams , dreams... oh yes !!!My most beautiful ream about poi (I think I allready wrote it on the site, but hey let's just say I am senile...) is me spinning fire somewhere and suddenly the two fire whicks turn into amazing fire birds flying around me. There are no more actual chains to connect me with them, but still they are following ly moves as if I was spining them. Breathtakingly beautiful, especially considering that I usually have nightmares...Acid, YO !!! gam ani ! Me too, I did not notice this tdancing thing until a friend of mine looked at me at a party an said "Gee, you're spinning without poi, girl"...I am fascinated by dreams, really. One very dear friend of mine is a hollocaust survivor who has never had dreams since he entered Auschwitz when he was 14. he has become a subject of study for scientist, he seems to never enter the paradoxal phase of sleep. can you imagine ? Bhawk, maybe it is rather you not remembering rather than you not having dreams though ... like Charles says.And Super, greek robes ? PICKLES ???? I shall report this to your lady imediately, you're being delirious, you ate too many fajitas or something winkSupafly... mmm... spinning under water (se my thread : under water fire twirling) is really a dream for me... Mystic dancer, I used to not only know I am dreaming but also sometimes control these dreams cause I had 2 key words which would immediately stop the dream if I used them. have you ever tried that in your dream ?dream on (have u guys ever seen that show by the way ?)cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

hexonlegsmember
12 posts

Posted:
I have been spinning for about 2 months now doing 1-3 hours a day and boy does that influence your dreams! spin spin spin whoosh!! P.S if you want good lucid dreams , sleep with the radio on quietly, the minor disturbance will keep you in REM state much more than usual.

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
In America (only in America grin) you can buy these special glasses with red LEDs in that flash when they detect you are entering a phase of REM (dreaming) sleep. This quietly alerts you to the fact that you are dreaming (lucid dreaming) and allows you to control your dream. Cool eh?Maybe if you strap your beaming poi to your head, then rig them up to a handy electroencephalogram (brain-scanning machine) you'll be on your way to controlling your dreams...Have fun!FP xx

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Dreams, when I have I can't get enough, but they sometimes freak me out coz it's like cearing the smog away so I can see what's going on with situations in my life, which just makes me think DOH! how obvious is that!!and yep, I do the poi-without-poi dance plenty!! :-)~M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
I love to dream and luckily I lucid dream several times a week! Cass you're not being senile, there is another post on here about lucid dreaming and bilocation too. I said that about twirling under water in reference to the previous post. It's cool to be able to breath under water, fly or initiate sex when you're dreaming. Too bad that I'm a bit old for wet dreams! Fire Princess, I've tried those LED dream machines and they are pretty cool. They play soothing music as well, but it's hit or miss for actually inducing lucid dreaming. Now if I can only get rid of the nightmares...Oh, Sup and Charles, imagine if we could get Maslow (dude lived in closet) to design us some crazy poi and staff!------------------We do not inherit this Earth from our ancestors, but merely borrow it from our children"

Fear the evil monkey!

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i dream tooo much but i wont tell you all of them.. once after my first burn (of fire poi)i had this dream it was just a regular dream i met up with friends and we were just hanging around etc.. except every one had a aura od different elements..it was nuts mine was an airy yellow firesome people had double helix looking spirals of water, others and a green energay but it was so neat because there was no string attached and say if you moved your arms etc the pattern would change and i saw a fire aura and a grean aura close together and it turned into molten lava aura, and when a water arua and fire was close together it turned into a purplish blue mist aura..it was neato------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.