MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I took my nylon practice poi with me on a canoe trip yesterday. Lots of fun, everyone enjoyed them, and then my canoe flipped and they got all wet and are covered with river junk. I told my canoe partner, "don't stand up in the...SPLASH!" too late. madSo, I have to clean them. Since I can't seem to find any information as to how, I am going to throw them in the washing machine with my clothes and a mild detergent on the cold cycle. Then, I am going to go and play with them until they are dry. (hey, it's more fun than just hanging them up).Anyone else have suggestions as to how to wash nylon practice poi?-------------------MikeCertified Mad Doctor (in training)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, so it occurred to me right after my pois went in the washing machine that practice pois+spin cycle=possibly bad combination.I let the wash cycle end, took out the pois (left the poi bag in...that won't get hurt by spin cycle) and rinsed the pois off under the tap. Probably better to wash them by hand in the future...Anyways, they're clean and bright again.-------------------MikeCertified Mad Doctor (in training)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I have "laundry bag" type things that i use to wash delicates and stringy stuff, they are made of a soft netting and zip up. If of course you have no idea what im talking about (quite possible) then the other thing you could do is wash them in a pillow case so the ends dont get tangled.

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I handwash my poi. After the state that my clothes come out of my washing machine there is no way I would put my poi in a machine wash.It amazes me that Japan, masters of technology can't make decent washing machines. I think it's a conspiracy with the fashion industryAlso you might want to use a mild detergent. I use plain soap on mine.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats