Xochidancemember
18 posts

Posted:
Help me out if anyone goes through this. I make poi which Im very proud of. Handstitch the bags and all out of really neat tye dye material. Anyway, I could tell you all about them, but then YOU would all want them smile. I give them away like crazy though! I just gave 2 sets away last night to some really cool people I met. Wild. Im just worried that Ill run out of them. They take me a while to make, and I got burnt out on making them. Then I loaned out my zunis too. I have one set of tennis balls left to practice with. I gave away my comets. Ill be damned if I give up my wicks though grin[This message has been edited by Xochidance (edited 11 September 2001).]

Diesel_RaVermember
15 posts

Posted:
Hummm Giving away your poi's considering i've never owned a pair of "poi" before, id be most gracious if you could send me a pair wink (seriously, here in the city its glow sticking, no fire lol... us poor city folk)

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
You're sweet Xochi !!! I must say I happen to have the same kind of problems. I made like 8 / 9 pairs of practice tennis ball poi and gave them to everyone around, only have one left... As for the zunis, they lasted like 2 weeks and then broke ... frownAnyway, yes, it takes time to make them and it is very quick to give them away, but what a great feeling. I especially remember this little girl in Grece, so talented that she managed the weave, corkscrew, windmill, tuckturn in 1 hour lesson I gave her for free .... Anyway, she was a sweet one and I gave her my poi and she left with this beautiful huge smile on her face that felt great.shine on XochiCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

spaztatmember
2 posts

Posted:
i would love to check out your homemade poiif you would send me somei learned about poi in the hospital while watching a 48 hours on raves/extasyduring my recovery from cancer ive taken it up

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I have the same problem, I'm just too generous smileAfter showing my friends my fire poi, I've ended up making loads of practice poi for them, along with saying I'd teach them as much as I can.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
I use tennis ball practice poi, so I just show people I'm teaching spinning how to make their own.It can be pretty satisfying making a set, eh? Maybe if you told people who were interested how to make their own set they'd end up with something they could connect even more with.It's awesome that you're so willing to share your toys with other people, though.Peace. smile

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Hehehehe, just thinking about how attractive that topic was...Kinda like having SEX written really big and then reading the fine print about how to improve your mothers sex life in 10 easy steps *grins*------------------Frenzie - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Xochidancemember
18 posts

Posted:
hehe, no doubt!the smiles and the gratitude are the best payment I could ever hope to receive. I only wish I had more time to devote to all the people Ive given poi to, to help them learn...sunshine to all