Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know what the score is with Summer Solstice at Stonehenge this year? Is it on? Are non druids allowed? Are the druids allowed? Granted it is on it would be nice to link up with fellow fire people there. Did anyone go last year?

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Im not too sure, i come from Wiltshire and usually no one (except driuds) can go in and be near the stones. Some people go to Avebury stones instead.

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
I'm sure there will be one this year.
Some friends of mine went last year and I went in the year 2000, which was the first time they had opened it up to the public since the 80's.

It was brilliant to be allowed in there, right up amongst the stones overnight - I remember there were people spinning fire in the dark - it was magical.

Festival Eye magazine usually has info about these sort of thing but it's always so late coming out! Should be out in May. If I can find any info from anywhere else - will post it.

annie

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
Hallo again,

have found a site with some info. on this years festival - looks like it will be from the evening of Thursday 20th June til the Friday morning.

The website is;
www.phreak.co.uk/stonehenge/psb/stonecam.htm

There should be more info. available from other sources nearer the time.
Last year, as well as the actual Stonehenge site
(which doesn't allow amplified music) there were outdoor parties in fields in the area with sound systems. You usually get the phone numbers to ring about these just before the actual dates.

Hope thats some help,
anniesparks