-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
Im going to sound VERY pathetic right now...but how do you go from a move into Chase the Sun...and what is the best move to link it into? At this stage i can only manage to complete the chase the sun when i start off with it...however i cannot exit it into anything nor go into it from something else
Anyone help?

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
i guess it was a VERY stupid question then huh...i hate being shit at this...GRRRRR

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
:-( no 1 wants to help a simple chap :-(

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
no no, nothing is a stupid question. Chase the sun huh, hmmm, to be honest I never paid much attention to this one. It looks to be simply a windmill only done with both poi in unison. I think it looks nice when done as a transition into a windmill, you could go from windmill to chase the sun to a weave, or vis versa, that'd be a smooth transition. I usually just go straight from one to another but adding that move in would be a nice way to stretch out the transition. Maybe give that a shot.

And don't worry about "not being good" at this, it just takes some time, so relax and have fun

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
oh i have fun...ha ha ha...but...just to be even dummer *he he he* whats a windmill?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hehe, I see. Well the windmill is actually pretty simular to chase the sun, only instead of keeping the poi in unison do it in split time. Check out the lesson, they're really not that different.

Good luck with whatever you try, I'm off to write a paper

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
grrrrr
why cant there be a device that lets me learn...other than the brain...cos my brain stopped working about 4 years ago...it went on major hiatus

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
actually, poi is one thing that gets easier the less you think about it. Too much focused concentration can actually hinder you, just go by feel, if you're doing a move right it will feel smooth. Your brain and eyes usually just get in the way, it's all motor skills and automatic responses, instinctually you'll do whats right in order to avoid pain.

alright, now I really got to get to that paper.

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
ha ha ha

and yeah i know about over thinking *being a musician this is a VERY important thing...not to think on stage*

but you still gotta find out how to do a certain thing before you can shut your mind off while doing it...

ha haha

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i always think of chase the sun as a combination of low and high turns/waves.
to get into it, swing your poi parallel and turn into the wall plane.
if this doesn't work you can do continuous low/high turns until you get the feeling of where you start the move...
this also means you can turn to one side or the other and come out like you were just doing a low/high wave/turn.

split time its a bitch but looks gorgeous.
parallel windmill (with spread arms) is like a mexican wave (upper reel?) with poi going in the same direction.

i only wish i'd bothered with this stuff last year when it wasn't so hard to learn...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood