Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Made my first set of glowstick poi the other day (in preparation for an indoors party). Started having a spin with them and then had some fun with wraps.My favorite at the moment (and the only one I can do consistently) is :Butterfly-Giant butterfly-bicep wrap-weaveworks everytime!! grin grin------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
PS. Does anyone know any good ways of weighting glowsticks as I am finding them very light after my fire set?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
use multiple glowsticks?? - even dead ones

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Cool idea, if you used 4 - different colours I recon it would look quite fine too grin

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
to weight my practice glow poi i created these things like look like a cross between a tennis birdie and an evil flying octopus. i like them, with enough of the rubber it has the same weight as my fire poi but it doesn't hurt when wacked. here is the recipe1. take the inner tube of a bicycle tire and cut it in half lengthways 2. then fray the edges on one side 3. roll it up and bind it with rubber bands4. thread a string though and tied key chain rings on either side. 5. decorate with ribbons or plastic squid6. clip your glow stick to the key chain ring nearest the frayed side.7. tie sting/chain/cable to the other key chain ring at the non frayed end. 8. spin spin spin smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
A lot of ppl will be surprised by what I'm about to say smileMark, why not try to learn how to glowstick? it is quite different, and there are benefits to learning both sides of the twirling coin.Josh

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Quote : 'Learn to Glowstick' - is this glowstick twirling without string?I have got far too much to learn at the moment, I am learning fast with the Poi but I havent really had a lot of practice with my staff.Glowstick Poi were just an idea as there is a party in London that I shall be attending soon. grin------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

Scootmember
28 posts

Posted:
Can some people explain some of the wraps, and what they look like? or how about even a site that can explain wraps. Thanks.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hey scoot, do a search for definitive list of wraps and that should give you a good look at some wraps. the search button is under the post new topics or post new replieshope that helps

anyone got a light?

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
or look at the top of the discussion area. :P It got bumped.CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Scootmember
28 posts

Posted:
Thanks pozee!

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
what do you mean by glowsticking Josh?like liquidating?

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!