Forums > Social Chat > redecorating my flat ... with a staff

Login/Join to Participate

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello beautiful people!As I discovered the poi I could not refrain myself from playing with it. Even at night, when I could not find sleep, I'd just grab them and spin... I live in a 30 square meters flat in the beautiful city of Paris ... not much space. This taught me a LOT about how to control my body moves and be aware of the whereabouts of my beloved poi...Started the staff a very very short while ago (I just *had to* after watching the very inspiring Circles of light video... again many thanks to Flashfire and Hayobola ...). It just felt great , but then again, I decided to start throwing the staff from behind to grab it in front of me. Mind you, I managed it pretty well ... but THEN I got confident... and my hands punished me by throwing the staff further back instead of forward ... Ruined the whole lovely shelf I had with beautiful glass candelholder... etc. Won't stop me... just calmed me down a bit winkAnyway, I guess staff practice is meant to be outdoors... Thought I was rather average intelligent person... but passion pushes you to do silly things... that's how you push your limits which is good but .. that's how you ruin your flat's decoration as well smileShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bumpity bump

Meh

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Practicing inside just gives you more incentive to not loose control, but hey you can always rebuild those broken items.

Get crazy, don't hold back

For those of you who dig Quotes: be true, be real, be a cool cat and your fire shall burn bright through all of your experiences in life and in death

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i think a prize has to go to cantus for finding the oldest unreplied-to thread and bumping it.
even roy castle couldn't match that dedication.

cass, sorry to here about the broken glass but presumably you've mastered indoor stick-throwing since then so i hope everything's ok now.

wherever you go, there you are.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
When I saw her in London a while back she was working on hurling her staff in the air and cowering fearfully when it returned earthward.

Glass went and ruined it by teaching her some fancy schmancy contact moves.

My little napalm fairy and I are going to Paris to stay with Cass in September. I'll be able to update you on her progress after that.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's not the oldest unreplied thread btw. There were 125 pages of threads in social. This was from around the 89/90 mark.

Meh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Did anyone else notice how much Cass' English has improved since last year (and it was great then). Now, I don't think I'd be able to tell that English was her second language if I didn't already know.

Yay Cass

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
oh gimme a break.
stop making me feel so inferior about being a dumb englishman who can only speak one language.

wherever you go, there you are.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I didn't ruin nuffin, throws hardly make any mess. Dem pesky contact move, now they really fly off uncontollably all over the place
I was trying to help that wee french lass decorate the rest of the flat.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sheeesh!!!! Most people would just donate a couple of throw rugs and a lava lamp....

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
that day Cass came and asked me to teach her some stff things. Saying that she'd not done any before. This thread proves that that was an exageration methinks.

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
'tis a fairly importante point tho, cus when ya perform, sometimes the space/stage is so confining that your elbows need to be near your torso during the whole performance, and ya always then have to squint past the flames to be ready to stall your poi or retract your staff quickly outta the way when some half drunk punter decides to give the crowd a miss and cut straight through your firetoy's path. it is an overlooked but very important point - Cass is more prepared for such idiocy by practicing in non-lethal confinement. yay!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Unless you're spinning at Gatecrasher. then you score extra points for hitting one or more of the crowd.

[ 06 August 2002, 16:45: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This thread must have a hole in it. Cos it was sinking.....

Meh