Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
NEVER EVER EVER!! move back home with your parents!

i have lived on my own for the past 3-4yrs with them a 7 hour plane journey away.

well clever dick here decided this summer that it would be a good idea to try get work in another country (Oman, were the 'rents are), so off i trundled and moved in with my parents.

i have been here 2 months now and im going nutts!!!listening to my mum you'd think i didnt even know how to wipe my own ass!!

sorry just had to vent before i expolded!!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i thought it was pretty obvious?

I can't stand my parents for more than a couple of weeks.

Parents are like pet dogs. They are nice to see everynow and then, have a walk with etc, but at the end of the day would you want one living in your house? Not me!

vultureninemember
46 posts

Posted:
I can only stand my parents for a couple of days. I even stay at my sisters when I visit and they (my mom specifically) still stress me out. Phone relationships are much nicer. Good luck!

vulturenine

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Do what I did, next time you move out, get them to come live with you, flick the TV channels when you like, come and go when you feel, impose stupid curfews and then move out.......(and pay their mortgage for the next 2 years but hey)....hey presto instant respect and 2 way understanding.....

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
yeah its obvious now!!

i always got on well with them before i moved out and while i was out..so what changed!?

i'll tell you what changed my mum got the menopause and has tourtured my dad with irrational nonsence making him a miserable old fart!

no they're lovely really... they just do my nut!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Hehehe, i've been living back home with my parents for 2 years, after living away for 4, its vvvveeerrrrryyyy weird. Mind you they are good to me, for my lack of privacy...i get no bills, so i cant complain really.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
i had to move back with my folks after living on my own.

its really not much fun and now i can't afford to get out again!

I only wanted to be 16... and free

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Wow, I havnt seen my folks in almost 2 years. I can talk on the phone to em but man, I cant imagine someone not wanting to be near their parents. Maybe it is just that I have a good relationship with them. Now granted I dont want to live with them, but if I had to I dont think it would be that bad.

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
The summer when I graduated with my Masters and started med school, I moved in with my folks. It was the longest damned 3 months of my life. I had no friends (I'd been in California for five years and all my friends had moved away or were married with kids), I had nothing to do, I was stuck in a stupid mockery of a city called "Detroit," and I couldn't sit down for 3 minutes of peace and quiet without hearing my mother's shrill voice calling "MICHAEL!!!" And if I didn't answer right away, it just got more shrill and started moving around until it found me.

And then my dad tried to hit me with a curfew because "Detroit is a dangerous city." Now, here I was, 23 years old with a Masters degree from Stanford, starting medical school in the fall, and my father was giving me a curfew of 2AM that I had no chance of being able to violate because it requires friends to stay out that late. I remember the shouting match. "What are you going to do, Dad, ground me? Throw me out of the house? Take my car keys? Spank me?" I actually wound up moving some of my stuff into my new place two weeks before school just because that finally got my parents to realize that they liked having me around and they stopped being such pests.

From now on, I will never spend more than a few weeks at my mom's house. I'm a grown man and I have my own home now.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think that may actually be my 'rule #1'. If I were to have my rules numbered...

I learned at a very early age that I needed to get away from mom at all costs. It took me 18 years to do it, but I still think it's one of my biggest accomplishments.

I love her... don't get me wrong... just not hanging with her for more than a few hours at a time. And certainly not twice in the same week.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mad monkeyBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
oh! sorry man!

respect to all of you out there livin with their parents.

the first half of your life is ruined by your parents, and the other half by your children

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
quote:
yeah its obvious now!!
i always got on well with them before i moved out and while i was out..so what changed!?
i'll tell you what changed my mum got the menopause and has tourtured my dad with irrational nonsence making him a miserable old fart!

no they're lovely really... they just do my nut!

maybe its the fact that youve changed?

just remember - you get to choose which nursing home they go to!! [evil laugh]

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Let's put it this way. Before I came here. I had moved back with my old man for a month. I now live on the exact opposite of the earth from him. If i went any further I would be getting closer. And yes I have been on nursing home websites.
Ma haha.......

I love my old man and all but he can be a real bastard sometimes. I think the root of the whole problem is this. When your growing up you see them as a parent and they see you as a child. When you move back as an adult. You see them as a real person and they see you as a child.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

StebbinsBRONZE Member
171 posts

Posted:
WELL I HOPE YOUR ALL HAPPY! While typing that last post my pizza burnt! eeeeeerrr where's my tabasco sauce?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Stebbins:
I think the root of the whole problem is this. When your growing up you see them as a parent and they see you as a child. When you move back as an adult. You see them as a real person and they see you as a child.
well said.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh and sorry about your pizza

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

StebbinsBRONZE Member
171 posts

Posted:
Thanks.. don't worry about the pizza. There's nothing that Tabasco sauce can't handle.

TeeJaymember
75 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm,

I must be old...'cause I'M THE PARENT !

I always tell my kids that they're adults when they pay their own bills and, most importantly - when you leave the nest - be prepared...'cause when you guys are gone we're going to be too busy playing to have any of you move back home.

When we're done playin', we're going to move in with our kids and let them change our diapers for once !

Teejay

When my kids bug me - I tell them to go find a sharp knife, set it on fire, and whirl it around their heads !

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
If it's any consolation you do get used to being back with the olds. You get decent orange juice at any rate.

My godfather eventually moved out of his house because his kids wouldn't leave.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
My sister left home to travel around Australia on a boat and her son is buying the house...Yay sis.

I love my mum, miss my dad, love going back to visit for a week at a time 4-5 times a year. Ring mum heaps too.

I have learnt to lay low and enjoy the food and treasure the time we have left where we both have our marbles.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu