simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Amused me for much longer than it should have done

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO.....ya i was quite amused by that too. though i had to choose the wrong move once just to see what happened.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Finally, a game that I ROCK at.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the computer player is *really* good - is there an 'easy' option...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
There are chinks in its armour.

Score is currently 12-3 in my favour.

The match continues...

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I don't know how many people here went to the Millenium Dome's Exhibition in 2000, it was mostly crap, but I got in for free towards the end of 2000, because my then girlfriend's colleague's boyfriend was working there (yeah, yeah, I know, tenuous ). It was rather fun for us to go round with him, because his job was to test the interactive bits of the exhibition and report where things needed to be fixed. This meant that we got to jump some queues and go into bits that were closed that day.

One of the most impressive things was this dark room with a set of benches spread into 2 halves with an aisle down the middle. Each person got a stick with a red end and a green end. You then held it up in the air with one end upwards, and a couple of low-intensity cameras at the back would capture the image. Thw whole system was tied to a computer that could tell what colour stick was being held up at what position.

The game was then to play pong, with the two
halves each controlling one bat. IIRC, red was up, and green down, but that's not important. Your bat went whichever way the majority of sticks were pointing, and the speed with which it moved was proportional to that majority. With two on each team, strategy was relatively easy (especially when we did it couple against couple), but I would have been interested to see the social dynamics of a bunch of random members of the public.

Overcompensation in this type of system is almost inevitable while people act as individuals. I don't know what the results were. Even though we all knew each other, and could whisper strategy, within the teams, it still wasn't easy to coordinate.

Having said that, I've jammed with people, and I probably have occasionally echoed what spinning moves people are doing, so it must be possible to have the right kind of rapport to play that kind of game.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
my opponent missed now what do i do

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted: