CozmkForestChildSILVER Member
Lover of Movement
3 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone! I saw an amazing glow toy this summer at the Project Earth (presented by Wookiefoot) festival in Minnesota. This festival is amazing, very inspiring and some of the best vibes I have ever felt!!! https://www.wookiefoot.com/festivals/project-earth/home
Anyway, I saw on stage an amazing glow toy used which I have never seen before. I didn't get a good look at them but they gave the illusion of little galaxies spinning around the dancers bodies. It was amazing!!! Oh and I was completely sober and in a normal everyday state. I wish I could find a picture of it, but any ideas of what it could be??

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I guess we need more information/ description of what exactly you saw... "the illusion of little galaxies spinning round the dancers bodies" is a bit vague.... on fire, on LED, single spots or clusters of sparks... it would help us wrapping our head around it. Also significant would be whether the dancers moved synchronized with them (like with levisticks)...

good you mentioned you were sober wink

smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
also there might be pictures of the performance somewhere by now?
check for example FB or in their gallery and let us know... visuals will greatly help to identify the effect you're talking about smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Was it anything like these?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Could it be LED mini hoops that they were spinning real fast?

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

earlbacherstranger
5 posts

Posted:
sounds like it is fiber optic lights... long fibers and they hold a base that holds the batteries and light source...
they kind of float around randomly as the dancers move their hands???

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i'd suggest glow wand or astrojacks