Page:
LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
And I know you won't be defensive because of the definition of this forum.

1. Censored words: anyone who isn't of age here is going to be exposed to MUCH more questionable material than a swear word in print, just because of the lifestyle. Seems unncessisary.

2. This search for the topic before you post it. Can you disable it in some of the forums? It's completely useless in the forums that I post in (advanced poi moves, tech discussion and this forum - for various obvious reasons)

I'm just saying. Thanks grin

censored

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
I kind of like the censored emoticon. It's funny and you know what's being said anyways so it's not too difficult to fill in one censored word! Some boards would just boot you the censored off for swearing so much.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

270 posts

Posted:
Show me these words you [censored] [censored] ass loving [censored] [censored]!
EDITED_BY: Lye (1269307860)

270 posts

Posted:
They censored broke it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah, they censored did. Now you actually have to censored type it the censored in and it gets censored annoying up the censored censored doesn't it you censored?

And I have one more thing to say since it's still copied: censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored you and don't you censored forget it you censored wink

If you can't tell I like the emoticon anyways it's funny. If you could say all of those very nasty words that apparently raise the devil from its eternal slumber to reap his living hell on us all tongue2 than you should still be able to type in the censored thing.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Semprini.

If you can read the above, the filter's broken.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Sorry what are the various obvious reasons?

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The swear filter is there for some pretty good reasons. A few would be:
- It stops you guys all developing foul mouths, but from the above it looks like that's failed!
- It stops sweet innocent types being offended and corrupted by you already corrupt and unoffendable types.
- Internet filters and search engines don't like swearing.
- There's no reason to resort to swear words when we're all talking a language that can be incredibly eloquent in it's denunciations without them

The forum search before post saves a lot of duplicate postings, in all forums! There was a time when mods did a lot of linking to duplicates, then Malcolm got coding and saved that precious time for more important things, like picking our noses.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
:ditto:

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
lol censored to that! (sorry, had to throw that in there. Looked like fun)

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

270 posts

Posted:
They're just censored words.

If you want to question the obvious reasons it's a whole different discussion and I don't' think worth it.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Lye... whats "the lifestyle" ?

Isn't that somewhat of a generalisation?

hug

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
If they're just censored words, then why is it such a censored big deal that you can't see them and you see a little graemlin instead? The "big deal" argument works both ways and I'm pretty sure that we're all intelligent enough to fill in the blanks...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
censored you guys and yer censored stupid censored debate. the board is fine

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Caliete pinche chingados! Son putas! tongue2
EDITED_BY: brenonfire413 (1269643457)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
It should be "son putas". "Estan" entails a certain degree of temporariness, and you would use it in "estoy enfermo" ("I am ill") or "estoy enojada que crees soy una puta cuando no lo han hecho nada para ofenderle". Which brings me to my second point, that "punta" means "point" or "tip", so you want to omit the "N".

EDIT: (incidentally, I had to use Google Translator for part of my sentence, so I'm not actually sure the grammar is quite correct :P)
EDITED_BY: Sister Eleven (1269622143)

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Ha Ha! The blind leading the deaf!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Bueno Maestra Hermana?
EDITED_BY: brenonfire413 (1269643646)

270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonLye... whats "the lifestyle" ?

Isn't that somewhat of a generalisation?

Yes it is, but there's a reason we have generalizations: because they often describe a majority division of a whole and therefore is sort of irresponsible to ignore. I don't say that everyone fits into the generalization, but I could take all of your money me on generalizations you on "that's unfair!" betting rolling dice on a random sample of a set. Prejudice is a dirty word, but it's the only reason we can function on a higher level.

You guys are really taking this personal for a forum described as "random daftness".
EDITED_BY: Lye (1269721713)

270 posts

Posted:
And I don't really feel like getting into it here, and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want me to... but you should know what I'm talking about and if you don't you're probably a shielded minority or naive for thinking that there isn't a lifestyle that could be more corrupting to minors than swear words around a lot of fire spinners. Call me a bigot or whatever but I've known hundreds of fire spinners and while I don't think there's anything wrong with a lot of the things they tend to do in life, it's gotta be something people would rather their kids wait to be exposed to... probably after the learn how to say censored.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: LyeYou guys are really taking this personal for a forum described as "random daftness".

Alternatively we're replying with an appropriate level of daftness to the original post.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I don't think anyone took anything personally?

I'm aware that generalisations exist for a reason... but theres a difference between generalisation and homogenisation, isn't there?

A forum should be appropriate for anyone... regardless of their 'lifestyle'

hug

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Haha, normally I don't censored say feed the censored trolls, but this is a censored fun thread!

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Srsly.

Honestly, Lye, someone comments that spinners might come from diverse cultures and that your generalization is maybe a little unfounded, and you post two snotty rants in reply? Really? We're being defensive?

Maybe most skill artists are from a swearing-friendly culture, but they're trying to make this a forum for all skill artists, not just most. Your generalization can therefore be both true and utterly beside the point. And if you aren't prepared to have your comments potentially disagreed with, I advise not posting them to a public forum.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
1. If you struggle to express yourself without using four letter words, perhaps you should sit down with a good book. Besides, this is a pg board, suitable for everyone. Having a bunch if loutish posters swearing just for the hell of it would change that.

2. The search function is there to prevent noobs/dumbasses from creating threads that already have a Smegload of duplicates (what music do you spin too, coloured flame, what move is this etc).

So you can criticise all you like, but those features are there for good reason. I suggest you get use to them smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday, FRD!

hug

270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413Haha, normally I don't censored say feed the censored trolls, but this is a censored fun thread!

Cheers.

270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenSrsly.

Honestly, Lye, someone comments that spinners might come from diverse cultures and that your generalization is maybe a little unfounded, and you post two snotty rants in reply? Really? We're being defensive?

Actually I agree that spinners DO come from diverse cultures. I agreed and said "I don't say that everyone fits into the generalization" so I really had nothing against the "different cultures" part, but I do have something against dismissing pointing out that the culture tends to be not so appropriate at times.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I think you'll note that one of the times isn't this one... so the relevance of your claim is spurious at best.

hug

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Look something shiny!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonI think you'll note that one of the times isn't this one... so the relevance of your claim is spurious at best.

I've read this about 10 times trying to figure out what the point is but I couldn't get it. A time it isn't inappropriate isn't this one..(?) but this is a resource for a culture, as forums are and they're all filled with whatever the people are into.

Page: