freeskierpjstranger
14 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody just figured I'd drop in and say a quick hello/fill out the introduction questions!

Name:PJ

Hometown: Hopkinton

Birthday (sign?): July 31, 1991 (Leo)

Sex: Male

Occupation(s): Working at a gas station pumping gas and cashiering

Favorite Food(s): Mmm pizza, tacos, burgers, and I absolutely love ice cream haha I can't get enough of it!

Favorite Color(s): Green, Blue

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow? That depends on if it's an African or European swallow, and if it is carrying a coconut or not laugh3 I love Monty Python

Toys: Hopefully you mean poi, I like glowstringing and glowpoi but am up for learning other things as I progress.

Hobbies other than the obvious: Freestyle Skiing, Diving, Anything to do with flipping/spinning

Education: Graduated high school, taking a year off before college then going for a degree as a physician assistant.

Favorite Book(s): I don't really like to read but my girlfriend actually got me into reading the twilight series haha (yea make fun all you'd like haha)

Favorite Movie(s): Dumb and Dumber, Super Troopers, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why? Oh Star Wars Destroyer for sure, Godzilla wouldn't stand a chance. All Godzilla could do is try to hit it down but the Destroyer would do exactly that, destroy Godzilla. That question isn't even fair haha.

Favorite TV show(s): Family Guy, King of the Hill and a few other Adult Swim shows when I'm too tired to practice poi but not tired enough to go to sleep.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) I already kinda said it when I posted my education but I'm going to college next year to be a physician assistant and I'm not really sure where I'm gonna wanna practice but health care in general right now.

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Most anything and I'm always open to new music so if you have something sick please send it over this way I'd love to hear it.

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big? Of course not! Well now that you mention it...haha just kidding!

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Cookie Dough/Phish Food from Ben & Jerry's oh my god they're amazing!

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?* Nutella!!! My girlfriend's sister lives in England and she turned me on to nutella and it is just amazing simple as that!

EmmCeeeFFBRONZE Member
145 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP!

I'm pretty new around here too, so not much I can do in the way of helping with any questions you have about the site... Or poi for that matter, as I spin staff....

None the less hello and good day to you sir!

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Welcome! Nice choice in ice cream.

How long have you been spinning for?

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

freeskierpjstranger
14 posts

Posted:
I just picked it up about a week and a half maybe 2 weeks ago and I'm having a great time doing it even just doing the basics haha. Having quite a bit of trouble with 3 beat weaves though haha.

And yes I love B & J!
EDITED_BY: freeskierpj (1265404923)

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP!

Enjoy the lunatics, help yourself to some popcorn!

We're all pretty open here. So feel free to ask any questions and we'll try to help as best we can. For a beginner, I'd recommend checking out Nick Woosley's (I think that's how you spell it) Videos from Play Poi. He gives some pretty good tutorials.

P.S. False, Godzilla always wins.

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

freeskierpjstranger
14 posts

Posted:
Haha popcorn's the best. I've seen some posts about Nick's videos so I'll watch them and please enlighten me as to how Godzilla wins wink

1,264 posts

Posted:
He ALWAYS comes back. They keep blowing him up but then he's back for the next movie. He also breathes fire and lazers. So he's basically a big, endless supply of fire and poi. Which is epic in and of itself. That and star destroyers explode once and the empires gotta pay bazillions of dollars to get a new one. That and its a big green lizard. What's not win about that?

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
just because he keeps coming back doesnt mean that he wins. IT just means that he keeps losing.

I think the fact that Godzilla lost to Destroyer in the movies provokes remarkable contrast.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP!

Avoid the squirrels.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

1,264 posts

Posted:
Hm.. Fair point. Godzilla still gets more cool points. And he wouoldnt necessarily lose I still don't think. If he got close enough, he could just kind of delve inside and wreck the thing.

freeskierpjstranger
14 posts

Posted:
But think of this...there's only one Godzilla and how many destroyers? wink

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
You're all wrong, Ice cream always wins!

I'll tell you right now, the immense amount of things to do with poi alone will keep you entertained forever o0

I suggest for things to learn, Nick Woolsey's videos, first before anything, learn his beginner series videos. Performances are always good for me to look at when it comes to moves, transitions, and just general inspiration,

Also if your mind gets in a twist, a guy named Alien Jon has a bunch of simulations on Youtube that really help with grasping what to do.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

freeskierpjstranger
14 posts

Posted:
Alright thanks for the tips!