N8member
336 posts

Posted:
How's it going everybody?So my new job is the coolest, by far the most rewarding position I've held (I work for defenders of wildlife)Here's our website if you're interestedwww.defenders.orgANYWAY- every moring before we go out to change the world (I love saying that grin )- we have this little qualifier question that everyoe in the group answers- some of them are really cool.Friday the question was- "If you could meet anyone in the world, live, dead, animated, or written, who would it be?"I said I would want to meet The Dhali Lama, Yoda, scooby doo, and Paul oakenfold. Well, that's for starters, I'm sure I'll think of more.Who would you meet? smile------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Nice question.....The MerlinEdgar Allen PoeQueen ElizabethJoan of ArcGambit of the X-menPeter GabrielLeonardo DaVinciGalileoand Malcolm Crawshay! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 30 May 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hmmmm, this really requires some thought!I'd like to meet Jim Morrison (in the biblical sense preferably!)Morgaine le Fay (aka Morgana of the Fairies)HitlerCleopatra (teach me your wicked ways!!)Gabrielle (from Xena)Drew Barrymore (I'd like to get neatly toasted with her)Katharina (from Taming of the Shrew)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
In no particular order:Ghengis KhanFeanorFranz KafkaRobert CrumbPeter PanTori AmosMos Def

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
the obvious NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!Angelina JolieHeath Ledgera spirit (i prefer a friendly one)and all of you on this board smilePLUR------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Twist...I did meet Tori a few years ago. She is amazing!!!!!!!

Pele

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Thinking, thinking, thinking....BeowulfBede (the historian)Dr Robert OppenheimerHiroshyi I and III (my spelling's shot today)Joey RamoneThere'd be others too.

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
OK, here goes:Also Jim Morrison (non-biblical winkJohn LennonAndy WarholMan RayGoetheAyn Randand of course Joey Ramone (Yes, another fan!)-PSM sXe------------------"One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind."-Alphonse Bertillon

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
OK, I thought of a few more:MachiavelliKarl MarxSiddhatha GuatamaGeorge OrwellSid Vicious-PSM sXe------------------"One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind."-Alphonse Bertillon

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Excellent posts all,Some real intersting people up there.I knew I could count on you guys for a good smile, once again mission accomplished.Ok as for my continued list.Also Edgar Allen Poe (wrote my fav. poem)The CrowEric Draven(The crow)Brandon Lee(Actor who played Eric Draven)...in The CrowGeorge Washington (I'd like to ask him if he really had plantations of marijuana)Vampire hunter DThe older brother in Akira7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager (drool)Trent Reznor (oh wait, been there done that grin)Zack From Rage Against the MachineSupermanSuperman that lives in Texas.Pele, (next weekend I hope)all my other friends on this BBWait I had abunch of other really cool one's but I forgot them all, i guess i'll post again later,Keep 'em coming everyone grinN8.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
k, here goes...WARNING: these people are not necessarily my heroes, they are just people i would find it interesting to sit down and chat with. Now, with that disclaimer out of the way, here's my list...shakespeareed nortonayn randedgar allan poetim burtonpaul van dykabraham lincolnbjorkadolph hitler arthur millerwally bear (1-800-hi-wally)molierelucille ballscott wyland (of STP)dalai llamamarilyn mansonmatt groening (simpsons)jeffrey dahlmer chuck palahniuk (author of fight club)sam shephard (director of american beauty)there are definitely more, but i can't think of anybody right now...

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, well I'm getting a bit anti-social so I'd prob'ly get by without meeting anyone ever, but there are a few that might might tempt me out of my hermitage.....Spike MilliganRichard BachRobert Anton WilsonMrs M GrieveAslanBernard MoitessierAnd all my old mates from way back that I've not seen for years.Noods smile

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey off topic stuff...my favorite.Let me see...(Real People)Arnold Schwarzenegger (hes tha man)Bruce LeeDorian YatesMatt HoffmanTony hawkJet LiCharles BarkleyAngelina Jolie (for different reasons than the martian im sure)Robin William & Billy Crystal (same time)Every Generation of Saturday night Live crewsN8 & The Martian (i got yoose guys)Pele (to check out her....)Everyone else on the boardAnd Kevin Smith(characters)Superman (duh)The x-menThe CrowHomer Simpsonjay & Silent Bobjessica Rabbitlara Croft& Garfield the cat.I think that covers the bulk of them..."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Supes-Don't be so sure that the martian wouldn't meet miss jolie for the same reasons as you (N8 laughs to the point of tears)I would love to meet you supes, I'm sure you would enjoy meeting laurie and I, we have quite the interesting dynamic, grin------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Check me out Super? But you're a married man winkOh..Noods...Aslan!!!!! *Pele sighs lovingly*Okay I remembered some...JRR Tolkein...the master himselfGandolfJames O'BarrRanier Maria RilkeKevin SmithStrahd Von ZorovichDr. SuessKing ArtherJesusThe BuddhaKaliThe Brothers GrimmMarquis De SadeAtilaSpike (from Buffy)Gene Simmons just so I can say "Scuse me, is that really your tongue?"Jack LondonQueen SheherezadeTim Burton (good one TG!)Louis RoyoBoris ValejoFelcor the Luck DragonThe Goblin King Jarreth (I have a child to donate to his cause smile)GeigerRob ZombieAnd of course we all have to have our guilty pleasures...Ben Affleck...yum!!!!!!!!!!!Oh and you said it could be something of fantacy too right? Then the one I most want to meet is my perfect man! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
ok here's my list:sally rand- burlesque fandancer from the 30'sralf nader- my ideal prezmc esher-artistearnst calenbac- author of ecotopiaandy goldsworthy-nature artistjohn roloff-nature/fire artistprincess mononoke- enviro animae characterrosie the riveter-women's empowerment iconMerlin D. Tuttle- bat conservation international founder and photographerStephen L. Buchmann,Gary Paul Nabhan,Paul Mirocha-authors and illustrators of the book "the forgotten pollinators"Jay Hosler- author and illustrator of the comic book/entomology book "clan apis"tim burton- kick ass director!the costume designers for "the Lion King" and "cirque du soleil"individuals who make ad busters, socio/political/enviro commentary style gorilla art

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
hey supes. i'm very positive my intentions of meeting angelina jolie are practically identical to yours smile we can disscuss in detail sometime if you would like to.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
How nice, the bright yellow color has been removed...Right now, i can only think of:Jeff BuckleyNoam ChomskyRoger WatersAlbert EinsteinCaro & Jeunetnomad

edlomember
21 posts

Posted:
Robert Nesta MarleyGroucho Marx