Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Nottingham One Dayer March 7th 2009, UK

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
Hi All,

Just letting you all know about the 4th Nottingham One Day convention - NAJC4:

"Oh Nuts! Nott Another Juggling Convention"

when: from 11am until 1am'ish on 7th March 2009
where: Nottingham University student's union as usual

The theme is NUTS and there will be a prize for the best nut related presentation: cakes, sculptures, biscuits etc.

More specific details to follow on the Nottingham Juggling Club website.

This year we are running our one dayer as a fund raising event to raise money for 'Performers Without Borders' who take circus skills workshops and equipment to disadvantaged children in deprived areas e.g. orphanages in India. They are regular members of the juggling community who some of you will know already. See below for more details:

https://www.performerswithoutborders.org.uk/
and
https://pwb.blip.tv/

We already have 3 or 4 good acts booked for the show but are looking for people to offer acts to help draw more people to the convention and raise more money.

Let me know if you can help, or if you want to do some fund raising before, during or after the event e.g. sponsored continuous unicycle ride around campus or mass poi spin.

Cheers, Peachi

Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
website is up:
https://www.nottsjuggling.co.uk/onnajc/Welcome.html

NB we will be open from 10am

Cheese, PEachi wink

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Looks like Nottingham will be THE juggling convention of the spring.

Just to let you know that the world famous Performers Without Borders School Boy Jugglers will be donning their shorts and strapping on their elastic ties for a classic performance in the show. Also from the PWB team there will also be a Bollywood dance workshop to warm everybody up. Plus a bunch of extras and surprises :o)

Looking forward to seeing you there

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Wow, i didnt even know you had those photos of me. Shame none of them are from our actual routine.
Cant wait, it's gonna be a great day smile

"Don't do it naked!"

Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
Looks like its gonna be a good show folks and a great fun day. Hope to see you all there wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Yay quick turnaround, I can make this now :o)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Looks like I'll be there!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
i might only be able to pop in for an hour today if that, but i'll give it a go smile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
Hi All,

Thanks to those of you that came and supported the convention. Just reporting back to let you know that we raised £700 for Performers Without Borders, which will go a long way to helping them go and improve some less fortunate children's lives. That's worth alot I reckon wink

Just to let you know the PWB lot are a great bunch and were loads of fun to be around. NAJ4 is really pleased we had a chance to support them in some way. We wish them the best of luck in their future work. Good on'em for getting active!

Cheese and warm satisfied feelings, Peachi XOX

Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
Hi All,

Thanks to those of you that came and supported the convention. Just reporting back to let you know that we raised £700 for Performers Without Borders, which will go a long way to helping them go and improve some less fortunate children's lives. That's worth alot I reckon wink

Just to let you know the PWB lot are a great bunch and were loads of fun to be around. NAJ4 is really pleased we had a chance to support them in some way. We wish them the best of luck in their future work. Good on'em for getting active!

Cheese and warm satisfied feelings, Peachi XOX

Page: