GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Taken from www.flowtoys.com

FLOWTOYS AT HARMONY FESTIVAL 6-8 JUNE WITH NEW FLOWLIGHT COLORS AND PRE-RELEASE OF ALL NEW MODULAR SYSTEM!!!: Flowtoys will be launching 4 new flowlight elemental colors at Harmony Festival this coming weekend - spirit, love and water II AND the limited edition "freedom" (red-white-blue) flowlight. We have also been developing a new system of tubes, caps and connectors that click together for a truly modular and versatile system - think collapsible staffs that can turn into poi, chucks and more. These parts have been over a year in the making and we are expecting a small pilot run to arrive in time for the festival. Come see us at our booth and be the first to have the sweet new colors and all new modular system! Please do not contact us yet about the new colors or system - more information will be available on the website by 10 June. We are working overtime to get things ready for you and as much as we love to hear from you, every call and e-mail slows us down smile

What colours do you think spirit, love and water II will be? I have just ordered flowpoi duo 2 water 2 air and im sure they will be great, i just hope the new water isnt 3 times brighter or something

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Er - much as your enthusiasm is good, don't forget HoP is a shop and it's a smidge rude to advertise competitors products on their website...

smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Sorry hop. Remove if you want.
I just know quite a few other competitors are mentioned on here in other areas. I know of at least 4 other in threads i have read in the past few days

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I think the "grey" area is whether the item is a direct competitor... My understanding is as follows (with examples)

Dai's Buugeng can only be bought from him - HoP don't sell S-staffs or anything similar so it's more a point of information that they're talked about here.

Glow poi however are available on here, and Flowtoys are a direct competitor. Discussing their pros/cons is fine as HoP products may/may not come out favourably. However blatantly saying "Check out these new glow poi, they're amazing, but them at www.randompoimake.com" is different.
I believe (though could be wrong) Hyperlights are possibly to be sold from HoP hence that thread...

Paid-for workshops/classes are tolerated as again they don't directly compete with anything HoP sells...

There was a thread somewhere on HoP earlier about advertising and what was/wasn't accepted - ultimately it comes down to Malcolm/George smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ah - the thread's in the Senior Lounge - [Old link] if you have access

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Oh I had forgotten about the "lounge".....too bad most of us can;t get in it so don't know about what is ok and not with advertising wink

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
in situations like this i really dont understand that thread being in the lounge.

i understand older hoppers wanting a space to chat bout old days n generally communicate without noobs around, but things that are central to everyone on HOP, rules+practises etc... should be in the public domain surely?

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Durbs is mostly correct wink
Competitor or not doesn't really make too much difference - the point is the forum is suspposed to be a point of information rather than a point of advertising. We would prefer if people discussed products from an information sharing point of view rather than a blatant rubbishing or promoting perspective - regardless of the point of origin.

And yes, in the case of Flowtoys specifically we are working with Sean & Prisna to bring the lighty flashy things to HoP as soon as possible.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
does anyone have any ideas of what the new colours will be and whats different about the new water colour?
cheers