Forums > Introductions > A re-introduction from London

Login/Join to Participate

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Name: Ashvin
Hometown: Red Deer, Canada
Birthday (sign?): Nov 20, 1980 (Scorpio, naturally)
Sex: Male

Occupation(s): Running around the world solving problems for people

Favorite Food(s): Sushi, great curry, and large quantities of french cuisine - I'll eat pretty much anything that isn't still moving, though

Favorite Color(s): Blue (obviously) =)

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow? Going back to the "not eating things that are still moving" bit, I've never actually swallowed anything unladen that had a wing speed...

Toys: It varies, but at the moment, I have a pair of snakes, cathedrals, monkey fists, beamers, and some new soft multicolor LEDs, plus a couple of pairs of sock poi. I have a few pairs of flags, but they don't come out too often. I used to spin nonstop, but somehow the last two years haven't been very poi-ful, so I'm working on fixing that now.

Hobbies other than the obvious: Photography, wine (is it still a hobby if you're not always in it for the tasting?), and mountain biking/hiking whenever I end up near some mountains. Also, wandering around in strange places, building a restaurant review list in every city I live in, and satisfying my inner theatre junkie as the opportunity arises. Just bought a contact juggling ball, but I can barely balance it on the back of my hand at the moment, so that definitely doesn't count as a hobby yet, but it will soon!

Education:
Engineering undergrad, MBA from INSEAD (it even rhymes!)

Favorite Book(s): Shantaram, the Fountainhead (flaws and all)

Favorite Movie(s): Too many to name

Favorite TV show(s): Smallville, the West Wing (they're practically the same show, I know); don't really watch very much TV, and when I do, it's just binge downloading, so I'm always behind the times on that front. Great dialogue or mindless melodrama is key, I find.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up)
Still working that one out - it will definitely have something to do with sustainability, innovation and design, but everything else is up in the air. Still loving my current position, and figuring out how to change the world, I guess :=)

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Everything from Sarah Slean to The Knife and a whole lot in between.

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?: Peanut butter, definitely.

In general - just moved to London a few months ago, and should be here for a while. Have loads of friends here, but none who spin, and I'd definitely like to change that, so drop me a note if there's something good going on or just PM me if you're up for a weekend spin in the park somewhere!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Is that London, Ontario, or London, UK?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Sarah_PBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
welcome to HOP!!!