Dante40SILVER Member
WITHOUT DANCE, LIFE WOULD HAVE NO MEANING
24 posts

Posted:
Hi! My name is Dante', and I live in Las Vegas. I've been spinning poi and flagging for about six years now. I've mainly used glow-sticks, but now I have a pair of kite-poi. My first time using fire is coming up this weekend... I'm excited and a little nervous, but only because I don't know what's the best fuel for fire-poi. Also, if anyone can tell me, is it safe to do arm wraps with fire? Thanks.null weavesmiley

Dante' Xtravaganza
"BECAUSE OF MUSIC, I AM, BECAUSE OF DANCE, I LIVE."

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Try the help section FAQ'S in the states its called kerosens in the uk its parrafin. make sure you have all the safety gear if your nervous or not. It's a great boost to know that ypou won't burn to a crispy cinder. Arm wraps are fine but pactice them wtih unlit wicks first. Don't be scared but be respectful, fire will bite you if you're not. Fill out an intro thread, as provided by doc lightning, and say hello to people. otherwise enjoy your spinning. hugs, hug weavesmiley

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Dante40SILVER Member
24 posts

Posted:
Thank you so very much! I'm new to this community, and I'm not used to things here yet... but I'll catch on! LOL devil wave rolleyes

Dante' Xtravaganza

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Thats, cool, I think most people come on here and post about something in the "wrong" forum or thread and everybody always screams, "do a search" "post it somewhere else". Or so I seem to remember being told in april, LOL. biggrin

They're all lovely really though! peace

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Dante40SILVER Member
24 posts

Posted:
I found some really interesting poi tricks/video on stupid video.com... if those guys can do what they were doing, then I am soooo not worried about doing armwraps, or anything else for that matter! I "had" alot of questions, but not after watching those guys/girls. once again, thank you for your time and patience. Now my only problem is trying to figure out some of the "tricks" that I saw... I'm left-handed. LOL anyway, you have a great day, Dante' smile

Dante' Xtravaganza

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Dante (reminds me of a name of a club here in town) in the states your won't find "kerosen" or "parrafin". Everyone here in town uses one of two fuels (or a mixture) of lamp oil or white gas (yes the stuff that the old camp stoves use to use before people went nuts on propane).

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Dante40SILVER Member
24 posts

Posted:
Thank you! biggrin

Dante' Xtravaganza