Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Down the Rabbit Hole 2: Digging Deeper

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
So it seems there might be a few spinners heading to asia this winter with spinning on their minds. I just wanted to see who else is heading over, what their plans are while they're over there.

My tickets are booked! I'm arriving in bangkok 16th november, and returning to ireland 3rd February

I've heard from a lot of spinners of a park in bangkok where people meet up every day to play. Thanks to Banshee Cat for the following info:

Written by:

It is the Pra Atit boat stop, and the park is called Pra Sumen. I would reccommend staying closish by at the guesthouses on Sri Ayyutaya rd-- Tavees Guesthouse, or Sri Ayyutaya's, or Shantis, all very close together down that road. Nice community... May Kai Dees is a great restaurant for veggie food along near that strip-two locations, one on samsen, and one off the end of Kho San rd and across the st.... Probably more specific address in the guide books...

Nick (poi celebrity number 1 wink) is planning on a poi camp in Pai, northern Thailand, where spinipulation enthusiasts can meet up and play, practice, etc (see his post below). I definately plan on spending some time up there with him during my adventure. Probably stop number one after bangkok... ubbrollsmile

Leave your winter behind, come find some winter summer!

COME SEE HOW FAR THE RABBIT HOLE GOES!

sunny

grouphug

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

meditate

ubbrollsmile

Ronan

EDITED_BY: Ronopotamus (1162506759)

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
I've been sending Yuta messages but he hasn't gotten back to me. The whole idea actually started with Yuta, when I was in Tokyo. We decided there to do Play Camp.

Yuta? Are you out there? Yoooo-hoooooo! Yuuuuuuutaaaaaaaa!

Hopefully he'll get in touch soon smile

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

burning danGOLD Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be in Pai (presumably with some brief field trips to other places as fun and visas require) from beginning of november until about aprilish. though as I have no return ticket, the april bit is quite flexible.

my set of goals is about the same as nick's.

looking forward to seeing you all there.

(all the above I's should have been We's. I'll be there with krista, my fiancee)

WYLSTBFYN?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
"very small"

Do you reckon?

smile

Hope all is well with you Dan xx

Getting to the other side smile

Sista Firewirestranger
18 posts

Posted:
heya,
I got my ticket, will be there mid jan till mid march.hurray.!!
really looking forward to chillout there...and meet all of you and have all the time to do the REAL important things:playPoi!
Nick:
your list sounds great but prettie bussy again...
hope you find time to relax also...
Love
Anya

bliss up the planet!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
nick this sounds amazing would love to come and join you but im stuck here for now. say hello to pai for me ubblove

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile

Tickets are booked! Flying out of ireland 15th November to Bangkok (orenico if you'll be there at that time we should meet up:))
And return ticket flying from Bangkok back to ireland 3rd February.... maybe

bounce bounce2 bounce

Oh i do love the feeling of having my tickets booked and a date set to look forward to smile

See you all soon

grouphug

Ronan

p.s. Maiuki I had no credit wink

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have information on that park I've heard of in bangkok where spinners meet up at?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Make your way to the nearest boat terminal from Koh San road and the park is only a few minutes from there.
Actually the cheapest and bestest guest houses are around there also.
Have fun say hi from me when youre there
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
It is the Pra Atit boat stop, and the park is called Pra Sumen. I would reccommend staying closish by at the guesthouses on Sri Ayyutaya rd-- Tavees Guesthouse, or Sri Ayyutaya's, or Shantis, all very close together down that road. Nice community... May Kai Dees is a great restaurant for veggie food along near that strip-two locations, one on samsen, and one off the end of Kho San rd and across the st.... Probably more specific address in the guide books...

Enjoy!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
I've been updating the first post with info i think people might find useful - nice one FireNix and Banshee Cat for info on the park.

Oi Antti, I sometimes play secret staff....don't tell anyone though wink I think you should come too

sunny

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
well slightly more specific info than my post!!
Nice one Have fun ya'll

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ronopotamus

Oi Antti, I sometimes play secret staff....don't tell anyone though wink

eek

biggrin

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
See you in Bangkok ronan:D

WOW!!! I can't wait to go!!!

I can't belive I'm going!!!

Nick! I'm defenatlly coming to meet you and will be more than happy to help in any way i can.
where are you in pai by the way?

wooohooo!!!!

bounce2 biggrin bounce2 wave bounce2 weavesmiley bounce2 sunny bounce2 beerchug bounce2 heart bounce2 wow bounce2

Love, Love, Love...

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
I'm currently at P.S. Riverside. You go down past Pai School, and just before the bridge there's a little street to the right. We're the last bungalow operation on the river. smile

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

Written by: Ronopotamus

Oi Antti, I sometimes play secret staff....don't tell anyone though wink

eek

biggrin

i knew it! you're all sneaky staffers! ubblol

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Nnnnnnghhh...must...resist...travelling...again......arrrggghh..
the temptation...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Why resist you fool?

You know you want to go to this one...

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey Durbs, you know you want to,
I'm bringing my contact ball and as much info on body popping i can get... I think you should come teach me biggrin
clare, you booked your tickets yet? smile

18 days to go, 18 days to go!

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
when will you all go??? what about josh...and mike....and andy......when do you wanna go there........?????? if i manage to come it wont be before january!!!

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ronan... You're CJ'ing too?! Hurrah biggrin

Not booked the tickets yet... I was thinking about waiting until my mum's next scan comes through (mid-November), but it's leaving it a bit late.

Where did you get yours?

Have a splendid time... I'll be thinking about you and Nick out there and smiling biggrin

hug2

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
hey ronan!!!

give maiuki and nick an enormous hug from me.........i will try to make my way down.....but cant decide now as i have to care about my exams first...

take care,
tina
xxx

- Ho Sa -

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
i got my tickets through my cousin who's a travel agent, I ended up with €790 return from dublin,
but the best i found was with emirates (€650/£430 return to bangkok from london) but the credit card holder has to be on the flight so i couldn't book it with my mum's card.

Don't know what the story is with Josh, Andy and Mike.... but i think they should all jump on a plane too

Ronan

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
While we are all there, how about gathering to do something productive- volunteer work!

Sezzie put up a good reminder in the Help thread, that there are still many homeless after the tsunami, living in godawful hot temporary shelters that were supposed to be just for a few months...

The people of Khao Lak and Ban Nam Chem still need lots of help. Not necessarily special skills; just willingness to work. I did everything from building houses, to teaching poi, to translation, data collecting... there are a full range of opportunities. The major coordinating organization in the region- the Tsunami Volunteer Center- will accept help for periods as short as a week, though obviously it is better if you can stay longer, so they dont have to spend so much time getting people settled into their work --just before they leave!

I am still in touch with many of the fabulous friends I made doing work there. It can be such an enriching enlightening thing. Fun too!It is one of the most beautiful areas of Thailand, white sand beach looking out towards the Andamans...

I will probably go for two weeks in January if anyone wants to go with me...

A great experience! Try it!
www.tsunamivolunteer.net

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
thx ronan, have loads of fun.....and perhaps i even will make my way down with my sista...... biggrin had a chat with mike......he will try to go there, but only for about two weeks......will see andy soon......talk to you soon,....

tina

xxx
EDITED_BY: ma'tina (1162223891)

- Ho Sa -

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ma'tina

.....and perhaps i even will make my way down with my sista......

yes, yes, yes. Any results from the Xmas-discussions with mom and dad?
When exactly would you like to go? And where exactly? (first Bangkok, then further on?)

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
havent seen isä ja äiti yet!!! have to finish my magisterarbeit first......either around x-mas or january would be good, what do you reckon???
hug

@nick: where are you in thailand.....in bangkok.....on a sunny island.....where shall we meet if we make it???

- Ho Sa -

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
for me only Xmas is possible: we've got some kind of company holiday then, so I can't really work anhow. But I need to start working again rather soon after New Year's Eve. So for me, something like 20.12.-03.01. would be good - even though this is pretty much the most expensive period ... I know ...

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
...hey all!

so @nick: it really sounds like a big break for you..really get back into your inner power..time for you to get then to give!!..you will see if all this people are again around you..

if i will have a little watch out- for poi camp i might show or teach some relaxation exercices i learnd in my education..really easy but fully working ones!! ubblove

if and when i come can-t say..first i-ve to do some work here (seems to be some old familiar karmical things.. ubbloco to be and solute..)

all my work- just now -is more inside..more like meditation..lets see how much it is outside spinning and playing....

so maybe i go into a ashram in india..maybe a yogateacher place same place or if thaliand mostly rainbow spirit..chanting holy songs...

and combining it with that second rabbit hole..i enjoied the first on la gomera!! biggrin but i found my need of my heart agaIN::AND I-M SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS

so love to everybody ubblove

and maybe see you there hug

@martina: if mike comes don-t know..andy is invisible..and olivier seems to bring his light to south america..but they know it better themselve biggrin

josh

(german-canarian-one) would like to meet the austarlian one-one day rolleyes)
EDITED_BY: joshgomera (1162401974)

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
josh: ubblove hug kiss

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Guide Josh!

I hope you find your way to Thailand or we get to meet up somewhere around that area.

Rock and go man.... Rock and gooooooo!

hug

Page: ...