ChimneyBRONZE Member
85 posts

Posted:
Hello. If anyone is interested Face of Melinda and I are going to have a spinning meet in Dundee.

It'll be at 6pm and for location we are either having it under the Tay Bridge at the back of the carpark( easy to find plus cnvenient parking) or at Magdalen green which is very lose to the rail bridge.

If your up for it please let us know but we're likely there anyway.

Chimney

face of melindaSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
hey guys, no other dundonians or there abouts? did you go up to inverness chimney? Bellfields a nice place to spin..

ChimneyBRONZE Member
85 posts

Posted:
I ended up going hiking with a few friends yesterday as I have to do a mountain leader course this month and need the experience. I wish I could have been there, I'll pop up some Sunday sometime in late August.

PetalchildSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
hey do you still meet - I've just started learning poi but could do with any help you can give me...

cheers

elaine smile

LeoghantaSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
Hey..
anyone still monitoring this thread? Just new to HOP and stay in Dundee. I'm not a complete beginner but I wouldn't mind a helping hand from someone who knows what they're doing.

If anyone is arranging a meet in or near Dundee, count me in!

weavesmiley

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
theres a circus club in the union wednesday nights from bout half 6, its mostly jugglers, but i go along sometimes and take my poi and there are a few other folk just learning on poi, also take my staff and there are a couple of staffers there. Not sure if Face of Melinda does any outside stuff, but im arranging a night in perth soon when the weather gets a bit warmer probably once a week. Keep checking the meet others forum for a perth thread cos I'll post up when I do eventually get it sorted. smile hug

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

LeoghantaSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
That sounds really cool. I'd be well interested in that. I graduated from Abertay in 2000.. No student card anymore. I wonder if the Union will accept the Abertay life membership cards. I'll check that out and I might turn up one wed evening.

I'm not much of a juggler, I can do 3 balls but can't do anything fancy. I do like the poi and I've been teaching myself. Half strangled myself but I think I'm over that now. Funnily enough, I've even got a staff. It's a fire staff and I've not been brave enough to light it yet.

Sounds like a good meet. I really hope I can make it.

biggrin

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

926 posts

Posted:
yeah you should go, its free, and the folk there are really nice. im not gonna make it this week but if you go along, ask for phil and tell him clavey sent you wink hug

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

skilpanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi, I just joined HOP, do you guys still meet at the Union on Wednesdays? I've been spinning for a year or so but i'm a bit rusty at the moment, would love to learn some new moves from other spinners.
Cheers
Suzy

926 posts

Posted:
hey suzy, welcome to HoP! meets arent on for another month or so, and its more juggling than spinning at the union, but we are hopefully organising an outdoor fire meet somewhere in dundee soon! also a friend and myself are setting up poi workshops in dundee and perth, if you fancy that? Also, we're trying to organise another meet in newburgh/perth but still looking for venues. Will update information in this thread and the perth spinners thread. smile hug

Owned by Brenn smile

skilpanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Nice one, count me in, am definitely up for the fire meet and workshops, keep me posted. Cheers
Suzy

Keysstranger
2 posts

Posted:
hey

just wondering if the union on a Wednesday is still going on?

Had no idea that was going on last yr.

Ciara

926 posts

Posted:
hi there keys, circus club has just started up again on wednesdays, and there are also poi workshops in the highwayman youth centre on Mondays at 7.30. Hope to see you at either one hug

Owned by Brenn smile

Keysstranger
2 posts

Posted:
hey

thanks a million:) I'll try make it next wed, so I'll see ya then