PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
So I got to thinking.... and provoked a discussion with my bf having read a series of interesting books.... Phillip Pulmans Dark Trilogy. Fiction though it is I had an epithany

there was a word.... or a sound... I reckon the universe started with a fart

seeing as it seems to be a joke....

or maybe I'm just cynical

What do u guys reckon?

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
I reckon that a thread devoted to the theory that "the universe started with a fart" sounds like it might end up being more suited to "chat."

Darn, and I was hoping that the title "meaty theology" indicated a conversation on kosher foods.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
That would, of course, depend on what you consider the Universe, and what you consider its beginning to be. Your perception of the Universe may indeed begin with flatulence. Perhaps flatulence is a metaphor for the way modern society came into existance. Perhaps you feel that your own life is one big fart, in which case I advise you talk to a therapist. On the other hand, that might indicate you feel that you created the Universe, and as such you feel responsible for it.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
i do sympathise with Mr Sparkey on this occasion and can suggest that you do indeed feel some responsibility for the creation of this universe. however the metaphor for that occurence being tied in with flatulence? im not so sure.

to take litterelly this claim would suggest some entity capable of creating a universe shaped/smelling fart, a simple feat by anyones standards.

however what if this entity is particularly prone to a bit of flatulence, suggesting some sort of medical problem? it may explain why there are so many particles in space, so many rings around saturn etc. but would it sugest that there were other universes floating around?

or more simply, like a fart, all merge together to create what we live in now quite happilly, for they do say the universe is expanding.

maybe it should be 'wafting'. ubbrollsmile

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sparkey

...Perhaps you feel that your own life is one big fart, in which case I advise you talk to a therapist...

I advise you to avoid open flames. eek

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Prometheus

Written by: sparkey

...Perhaps you feel that your own life is one big fart, in which case I advise you talk to a therapist...

I advise you to avoid open flames. eek

perhaps maybe you should just avoid society in general, and seek medical attention... ubblol

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
 Written by: curiosity_shroomed_the_cat

So I got to thinking.... and provoked a discussion with my bf having read a series of interesting books.... Phillip Pulmans Dark Trilogy. Fiction though it is I had an epithany

What do u guys reckon?

"in the beginning was the word and the word was - Aum keyshavaya nama aum nama aum. in the beginning there was nothing to be heard but Aum keyshavaya nama aum nama aum" -- kula shaker, from indian chant

uni-verse == one song. i'm betting my money that the first instrument was of the drum/percussion family tho, not a wind or brass (which basicaly requires you to make fake farting noises to play).

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dut

What do u guys reckon?

i'm betting my money that the first instrument was of the drum/percussion family tho, not a wind or brass (which basicaly requires you to make fake farting noises to play).

'badda boom boom badadum dum badda dumdum badda boom'?

thats how i imagine it... smile

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
its a sahmae to let a discussion like this go to waste, its about like the universe an stuff.

pluss someones gotta comment on my middle of the universe theory otherwise i wont be happy/

Jk

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
In that case, presuming the universe to be similar in structure to a fart cloud, the entity which is in the middle whould presumably be the one who dealt it. Is this your theory?

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

umm... what?

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:

What do u guys reckon?

Ties in with the "big bang" doesnt it? ubbrollsmile

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
you think my theory is that i was the one who created the universe by farting? subsequently generating an ever increasing band of fart units? these fart units being the key to the expanding of a universe?

well, i SPOSE you would be right.

its just alot of other people fart TOO you know...

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
you think my theory is that i was the one who created the universe by farting? subsequently generating an ever increasing band of fart units? these fart units being the key to the expanding of a universe?

well, i SPOSE you would be right.

its just alot of other people fart TOO you know......

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
woops :o'