dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Hello fellow HOPers...

Seeing as Lightning's thread kicked off with many knowledgable people posting on the topic of meditation. I would like to know if anyone here is actually familiar with Reiki...(sp?)

Anyhow... Amongst my many travels along this path of life I have met many pros and novices alike who have said that I have a natural gift in this field. Over years I have worked on it and podered it but as of yet have not gone out to study the dicipline itself... I am thinking of taking a class and meeting people of similar interests and abilities in the near future.

Before I do this I would like to ask fellow HOPers for advice...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to begin my intellectual travels in the discipline. I can manipulate mine and others energies with my hands or other parts of my body (mind) quite easily and can extend the field of energy around me to affect myself or others alike. One thing I lack is control. I must learn which energies to use when and what ways will make it more effective on a case to case basis...

Any hints tips and general info would be apprechiated,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Just one point of advice.

As you know, your ability to create and manipulate energy is infinate. You can uplift the energy of mass consciousness on a global scale if you are able to let go sufficiently. One of the common things that stop healers from doing this is by 'seeing' their healing skills as as a pre determined skill which someone else has already placed in a box, (for example reiki healing). This sometimes limits the person's potential as they then subconsciously take on the predetermined guidelines of that specific catagory of healing. Not to mock the reiki healing skill because I have a lot of respect for it BUT the healing that a gifted person like yourself has the opportunity to do is nothing short of what many people will call "godly intervention". I myself have seen some very powerful healers at work and its nothing short of phenominal.

You have the opportunity to show the world the power of love energy, look out world here comes dromopixie!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
drome speak to Kato, he's ur man for that subject. the one wiv da bald head, slightly chianese wannabe lookin at headcharge.

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
as suggested before the power of one's mind is infinite, so be careful.. happy minipulations...
mythical moundry mitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
I do reiki myself, and i can't describe in words how much it means to me. Like you, I could also feel a lot of energy before i had my first reiki attunement. The difference was that after i had gone through that initial process, the amount of energy i could allow through was so much greater. It took me a good couple of years before i decided that i definitely wanted to make a commitment to learning reiki, and i have always left at least a year between attunements.

The idea is that the energy is universal, and as such is chanelled through you. It is not your personal resevoir of energy, and therefore won't deplete you, and also helps you to not take on negative energy from others that they may release during a healing. I believe that whether or not someone does reiki, it is important not to try to manipulate another's energy with your own for a specific means/end. Even if you are trying to help. This is a hard one for us to comprehend sometimes. Healing should manifest with love and compassion, and not have a fixed agenda with regards to a desired outcome.

Some links for y'all -

Click HERE for The international Center of Reiki Training...

HERE for the UK Reiki Federation...

HERE for Reiki Dharma!

Drome, pm me if you want to chat about anything. It sounds like you're on a wonderful journey, and have a lot of healing energy to offer this world, whether or not you do Reiki or anything else.

and and light

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Byron... Thanks for the advice... Of what you have said I am much aware but these disciplines do help and I NEED to learn how to control what comes off my mind and out of my body...

It teaches you to manipulate it; a skill which is still very young in my mind... And dont worry Byron shes always about but you just dont know until she get right up behind ya and says BOO!

PK: I will have to go speak to Kato, I knew that one already! Give him love and hugs from me and tell him I will call him when I get up there!

phallic: I think you are lesdisdik!

flowingchalice: expect that pm soon darling!!! will probably do it tonight after I visit your suggested sites!

Thanks for your advice and loving vibes people!

love and hugs to you,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
energy
Non-Https Image Link

what are you talking about you mad pixie?

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

wherever you go, there you are.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
How incredibly interesting, drawing apon your own energy and of things around you to heal? Is that what this is? I wish I could do that, but my minds such a jumbled mess that I honestly don't even know if I could.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
If you can find a school near you that teaches it, and sadly they are few and far between, Chi Kung massage is freaking amazing. There are a handful of schools in California that teach it, my old sensei moved out there to train in Chinese medicine and chi kung massage. It does require a massive amount of meditation, chi cultivation, and chi kung proficiency which will take a few years to say the least, but definately worth looking into.

It's kind of like fluid moving reiki mixed with shiatsu massage. It f*cking brilliant.

Jesus helps me trick people.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Everything I study takes years... otherwise why would I be studying it...

I will look it up! Sounds nice... I am like a mentor to a very good Shiatsu massuse (sp? xcuse my lesdicsia)...

jello: these things come with patience and time... If you dont have either right now in life go look for a time for yourself later... Its all within each and everyone of us. we must let what is within come out and expand. You get connected to the source and then it will take you on a great journey further and wider than anything you could ever imagine...

A good friend once said:

... looking for specific mail the person wrote ...

'I'd been looking at it all wrong, I stopped trying to climb the mountain and realised that I could fly. That the only thing stopping me flying was me, and not ever realising that it was an option.'

Then they go on later to say...

'So now I stand on a large plateau, it exists with no forwards, no history and no paths, the grass is lush and the air is clear, I can see to every edge and there are no more plateau's above this one. I'm stanging with my arms out, looking up to the birds circleing high above. knowing that the only way to go is to join them, that I could just lift off, and look back down to see.'

His last word I cannot post for they hold a key that you (whomever is reading) must find for yourself. if you have found it you know the next words...

To that friend:
I hope you one day read this... These quotes and the rest of the 7k of writing in that mail changed my life. Now it is time to share that with others who might understand...
I love you more that words can say and I cherish every moment spent with you as it is spent in good company. You are a friend! One of the ones who is never there yet never goes away because I always carry you in my heart... Good luck flying! My wings have grown my love and now I too know I can fly.

May your feet feel the grass, may your eyes see the light, may your ears hear the sound, may you realise all of you, those who want to... These feet, eyes, and ears I speak of are not found on your body.

smiling warm hugs to all on this a day of harmony and love,

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
"Follow your Bliss, and doors will open where there where no doors before!" (JC)

Energies are amazing, arn't they! I see it as a (water) wave, riding the ebbing tide. When you interact with people (face to face) the energie rocks back and forth like water. (in a healthy situation)
I have also seen energies as a radiant force. For instance off of trees, Its more of an Aora i guess. If i look past the tree, almost through it, there is many shapely coloured rings around it. (This happens easyer at night under the Moon Light)
I love meditating Out Side for this reason. I find it hard to give, and recieve energy in side a room. Nothing is living there exept me (these meditations are usualy between me and the Great Spirit,) Outside though everything is alive! It is very easy to give and recieve energy in nature! Especilly if you can realize that everything around you is God, or in other words, the same Life Force as you.

Reiki is very powerful energy movement. I see it as your hands as 'Jumper Cables,' inwhich you place on areas of the body that need energizing.
However like Burnning Byron was saying,(my own Inerpretation) use the tecnequs of Reiki, but come up with your own style with many other healing attributes. This may take years of commitment, But Like I said in the begging, Follow your Bliss.

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
For all who can read know these things.
Pixies know their track but ask for advice once they need. Do not fear for others but for yourself. The only one you can take care of. Advice is only a gift, a token. Help is that which is posted in those quotes.
Do not confuse either they are not the same. Although looking similar both have times and places.

According to one of the disciplines I study... your definition (Fire Spirit) of that which you described is described as:
everything is of the tao and the tao is of everything, by being everything the tao is you and you are the tao. What does tao mean? (rhetorical question)

*thinking* *thoughts...*

did I spell rhetorical correctly?

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Lightshow84member
5 posts

Posted:
energies are truely amazing, but extremely difficult to master(i know of no one who has). there are lots of types of energy training that i know of, but the ones you probably want is ki. it may now be pure physical energy but it teaches you how to calm your body and mind. it takes some time and there are many ki websites, but it helps. good luck...........it is hard.

"being good is doing tricks, being a master is doing those tricks every possible way"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
When I first heard about Reiki, my reaction was "that's bullshit. Nobody can channel energy for me, I can channel energy for myself, but nobody else can do it for me."

Needless to say, in a room full of medical students, a bunch of eyebrows hiked up. That wasn't what THEY were thinking...

As I learn more about it, I have started to wonder. I just am not sure if I have the time and money to put into it. The reiki folks around here do charge money...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Books and knowledge are not that expensive Mike. You can find in the the darkest corners the most brilliant hints of light.

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
nice subject, since it looks like we have a few ppl here who practice or have studied reiki, and it was something I was introduced to in the last year, I have a few questions

- is it true that part of the discovery of reiki(by professor ???) came about(partly) through study of sumerian texts?

- and isnt it tru that(to oversimplify the process) reiki is simply pushing your energy through the meridians(or chakras) of your patient, effectively clearing them?

I must admit, I'm interested in learning myself. But currently I have other studies that I have to master first, before I'd want to move onto reiki. One thing I've been workin on lately is simply being able to 'read' a persons energy flow or signature for lack of a better term to be able to see energy blockages or sources of pain. One added bonus of learning this has so far been to see pregnancy. More will manifest later on I'm sure..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Dear Pixie..
I am a Reiki master. I have practised this art for close on two years now and was lucky enough to have two complete strangers come out of the crowd and "work" on me when I dislocated my knee when preforming earlier this year...so I have been on the giving and the recieving end.
Reiki was discovered by a man called Dr Usui, who climbed to the peak of mt Fuji? (maybe, I think it was this mountian...irrelavant) and he recieved the Key's to Reiki after three days of Meditation and attunements....
To me Reiki was gifted and I was Attuned very quickly and rose to Master level in about 9 months...( a little TOO quickly, I was very sick after my level two attunement.) I know of my reiki lineage and My master is about 8 masters away from Dr Usui...
For me, Reiki is like having the keys to a higher form of energy that I am able to call on at any time...I know instincticly where to place my hands and allow the energy to flow through them... I am always aware that the energy is of pure light and love and it feels like an electrical current running down my arms (it actually causes the hair on my arms to stand up...whatever hair hasnt been sizzled by fire that is )
The trick of Reiki is to have faith and trust...The symbols (which are given during the second attunement to the initiate) are placed into the aura of the person being healed and the energy associated with them flows into the aura that way, as well as with your hands...
As for more control...JUST KNOW. That is all...Trust yourself.Trust your guides and your angels working with you and know that you are working for the highest good...therefore all control is yours...You will be a fine advocate for spirit Drome beacause you are concencious (sp)
and concerned about your learning curve... ooohhh your a special wee thing.
Musashii....Reiki IS NOT about using your energy to push through others chakras...It is about Channelling energy from the universal source of love to help facilitate healing for others.
If you were to use your OWN energy then not only would you be draining yourself..(never a good look) then you may also pass on an ailment that you may be carrying in your energy to the other person...
FOR EXAMPLE a very good friend of mine and also a Reiki master healed a lady with cancer in her lymph nodes by using his own energy. As you understand everything in this realm works as an exchange...ie if you are forcing your energy on to a patient then their energy will no doubt also exchange to you...hence the fact that you cleanse afterward... My friend failed to do this and became very sick with strange "bumps" forming in his lymph node areas...after a month he started to get better (after a LOT of healing) and has vowed to do it the way he was taught next time...Tis a lesson not only for using your own energy...but also for not letting ego come into play when healing....
Thats my bit for the day... LUV YA ALL

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:

Thanks! I was wondering when you would walk in to say hello! You have brightened my day! I hope all is well and that your love is good.

Love and hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
pohew... a lot of dust on this thread...

I think this is a VERY interesting topic, because simply anything has got to do something with energy... even the things that do not have an observable physical life, do hold energy...

Money is energy also... manifexted in some way...

hummm, now energy is more than reiki, I suppose...

let's see what Wiki is saying about it:

Written by: Wikipedia

In general, the word energy refers to a concept that can be paraphrased as "the potential for causing changes", and therefore one can say that energy is the cause of any change. The word is used in several different contexts. The use of the word in mainstream science has a precise, well-defined meaning, which is not the case, most often, with many other usages.

The most common definition of energy is the work that a certain force (gravitational, electromagnetic, etc) can do. Due to a variety of forces, energy has many different forms (gravitational, electric, heat, etc.) that can be grouped into two major categories: kinetic energy and potential energy. According to this definition, energy has the same units as work; a force applied through a distance. The SI unit of energy, the joule, equals one newton applied through one meter, for example. Energy has no direction in space, and is therefore considered a scalar quantity.

Energy is a conserved quantity, meaning that it cannot be created or destroyed, but only converted from one form into another. Thus, the total energy of the universe always remains constant.

Interesting definition I suppose. If energy is infinite - as the definition implies - it is eternal.

If the quantity cannot be changed... how about the quality?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
maybe just how well it is harnessed, like diesel v regular gas

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
nice one smile I like that methaphore smile smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
who made the metaphor

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
I thought reiki was that alcaholic drink from greece ubbrollsmile

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned