Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
What with Drake and another recent posting about injuries, I thought I would join the fray and announce my first injury was last night.While I was spinning with my fire poi (unlit). I misjudged a spin and it cracked into my mouth. I am now the proud owner of a chipped tooth (Grrr).Anyway I don't know whether it has been asked before but what was your first injuries? Or perhaps a funny story about how you injured yourself with poi (Not injured badly of course 'cause that is not funny!!!).By the way I have not posted here very often but I have been reading the posts everyday for a while now and I kind of feel I know some of you already!!! I hope you will welcome me to the poi family wholeheartedly.Jez

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
On behalf of everyone, i would like to say welcome to the poi family tongueI can't remember my first injury, unless whacking yourself in the nads is counted as an injury. Other than that all I can remember are a couple of cuts, bruises and scratches, nothing serious.

Big Daddi-Yomember
21 posts

Posted:
Ahh yes... injuries... Umm, I don't really remember a first injury. I'm still a beginner so I expect more injuries to come! smile ~Derrocl

Wow! Check out this bagel I found behind my refridgerator!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Welcome...My first injury was from the string on my practice poi...blisters, blisters and more blisters. Beyond that I have a deadly chain with sharp adges that I use for wraps (yes, I know...DUH Pele!) and I constantly get cut from it, but I am kept on my toes!!! No smack'em, burn'em injuries...yet.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK