Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
Hiya all........

I am so stoked that my mate has finally completed the book she has been writing about poi. She has slaved over it for dogs only knows how long. Well just wanted to let everyone know.....hope you are all as stoked about it as I am.....

The book costs £12.95, is 144 pages long and is jam packed with over 450 tricks, tips and ideas and more than 500 illustrations! It covers everything I teach in my courses, from the first basic circles to all the behind your back stuff - and there's even a couple of extra moves you wont have done on the course. There's also detailed sections on spinning fire, choreography, inventing and developing your own style.

Congrats to Michal for sharing her gift with everyone and making a go (career wise) at something she loves.

If your interested in the book:

email michalkahn@hotmail.com

L&L
XxSpiral_ko

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
Cool! I have just rang my sister and given her a not so subtle hint for my christmas prezzie!

tamX

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Fantastic - I'll have to get my hands on a copy .
I'll probably turn up at the london bridge place on the 15th to get one.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wicked i've been awaiting this book for months

Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBovrilMonkey:
Fantastic - I'll have to get my hands on a copy .
I'll probably turn up at the london bridge place on the 15th to get one.

Look forward to meeting ya - are you in the course right now? I'm doing the Intermediate so I will be there from 6-8 and will stay for the performance. Check out my pic in the homepage link on my profile and come say hi to me on the 15th

Beth / Spiral_ko

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
right, im asking for one of those for chrimbo...ooop....happy holidays!

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm not on the course right now, I started the beginner's course that started at the end of June, then did the intermediate one straight after, which I think finished towards the end of september.
I still can't get the btb weave sorted properly though, although I suspect that's down to a lack of practise more than anything else

Do you know if anyone else from HoP is on the course? I'll say hi to everyone I can who's there.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

King LouieJungle V.I.P.
19 posts

Posted:
ahh found it, no one told me there was a search button.
I saw some the or the pages from the start of this book floating around a few months back, looked cool.
So what I was wanting to ask was, Is it true that the illustrations are done by Drews (glass's) sister? (he's fulla S**t, so I never believe him ) that monkey had a T-shirt with this cool robot mad city destroying crazy po-ier destroyer printed on it. I think he said it was from the book illustrations.
and has it got waist wraps in it? I just cant work out how to groove with those lil critters.
I heard that books are made out of trees, that can't be true, is that true?
and if I cant get to the party, can I buy them from the shop on HOP?
Cousin Louie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
can anyone tell me how to make fire?

[ 11. December 2002, 03:38: Message edited by: King Louie ]

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It's now definate - I will be turning up, I just don't know exactly what time yet, that's in the hands of whoever organises the trains.

Oh yeah, Louie - waist wraps are in the course Michal runs, so I'm assuming that they're in the book too .

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
hey king louie - you have just the right attitude as regards glass - handfulls of salt, man.

But yeah, the illustrations are done by his sister - BUT WHAT'S THIS ABOUT THE PICTURE BEING ON A T-SHIRT? The illustrations are heavily copyrighted. Glass, I know your address and I know how much you earn: I'm comming to sue the pants off you. Don't think I'm joking.

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
Hi this is Glass - Im signing in as Michal for a totaly new experience (Ive been a bit bored lately.) It feels more.....curly.

About the salt - yeah okay, I admit, I do like to exaggerate a fair bit. Fair enough.

And Michal - opps, sorry about the T-shirt: Cheque in post.

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
Glass: unfortunately I'm still going to have to prosecute.

michal@juggler.net

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh, okay. now things are startin to make sense to me. so glass, et. al., are you involved in writing this book? so all these "move counts/families" you and pk talk about are in it? i've been racking my brain, and those of helpless passers-by, in my latest thread over in poi moves, over nothing. i guess now it is all sorta moot, but not really. silly me.
can't wait to check out your book. i'm a teacher too. it'll be nice to have a reference for the world to be able to talk together about more advanced moves.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
WooHoo! I now have my very own copy

I've not had a chance to read it properly, but the bits I've read look really, really good.
I'll post in a bit more detail when I've had a chance to digest it.