Forums > Social Chat > HoP Relationship Misunderstandings

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, I just recieved an answer to a PM from someone who was surprised to hear from me because he thought I did not like him. I know sometimes I come across hard or cold or strict, but I do care about the people on this board alot.
THis particular person I like alot. I think he adds alot to the board and is very sweet.
This is not the first time this type of misunderstanding has happened either.
I thought Ray Phule, Arashi and Cantus couldn't stand me when each joined the board respectively. And sometimes, they were also under the impression I did not like them. Other times I just get to hear it from two conflicting parties.

Hmmmm...this is something of a testament to me at how easily tones and meanings can be bastardized by the anonymity of the net.
However, in the end, is it really that important what a faceless person on the other end of a computer highway thinks of you? In some cases for me, yes, because you are a "family" of sorts, but I don't think my opinion should really impact anyone's life, not really. Herm. I don't know.*shrug*

For the record, there is no one on here that I dislike in any way, shape or form. SOme on here I don't know well enough to say I like either, but I am sure that will change with time. There was one person once whom I did not care for, but she is gone now, by her own choice, and this is a much more peaceful place without the death threats! And thusfar every person I have had the pleasure of talking with or meeting has been so warm and incredible, my life is far richer for sharing those experiences.
I think this board is very inspiring, not only to my art but to me as a person and I am very thankful for it. Many of you I hope to meet in rl, and there are several I am sure I will never see but I still wish the best for. And if ever you think someone on here does not like you (especially if it is me) PLEASE do one of two things...use the PM ability to resolve the issue, or (the pessimistic version) move past it knowing that it is a person you will probably never meet.
I just felt the need to say this.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well i like you pele and thats all that should matter i like every one i have no qualms with no one shouts at all the others hiding behind their screens...get out she dont bite you know.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
warning Cantus!
i posted in social again mate.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Pele, I like you I really do

I may not always agree with you but thats just our two conflicting opinions.

As I started to get to know you better, I started to like you more. Now I think it is safe to say that we are friends and someday I would love to meet you in RL.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Been thinking lately?!

I will have to address a lot of this by PM as I have much to share with you lovely goddess of fire.

My your light shine bright in the lovely place you call home!
Much love, and hugs to you darling,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
It's always difficult to understand the jist of a conversation if there is no vocal tone or body language - well it is for me anyway.. If I ever feel abit funny about the way some of my posts are replied to - I re-read calmly and try to see what the other person is saying from their perspective.. but with out all the clues that come from voice and body I get paranoid sometimes..

But I know that everyone here treats others as they wish to be treated.. soo no problem- o

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Its very easy to have missunderstandings on here...

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
i don't like rick ....

he makes me think about sewing, drinks my juice, has prettier hair than me, says's cool things in cool ways and makes me look less cool .. has a thing about embedding fonts , makes me go see the shaw Lynne Munks ... likes redman ,

ya know i could go on foreer why i don't like rick ... he's a weenie, however .. this has little to do with this board, and my cat likes him

( ya know everyone has been nice to me here , all of the messages have been intended in a good way ....)

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Don't really know what to say in this case because once again Pele has articulated everything I could possibly think of saying perfectly. So I'll just say I think this is a common problem and thank you for bringing it up.

I worship you, Pele!!!

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
conflicts? seperate parties? have i missed something here or is there just a big conspiracy.... ive always felt safe and loved here, even though it would be really easy to be someone you're not, but maybe i am missing something...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We now have permission to love Pele.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
its funny what a little accident can bring up its it pele, i for one still HATE you and that will never ever change so don't even dream about it.

as for you Ray, i know you have been taking thoise happy pills ever since you started pestering some guy on this board wanting to meet up and spin, you didn't fool me big guy, you just wanted to hook up, and then you start in with all these chilled out posts trying to be mr laid back i'm down with my fello poi brothers and sisters, remmeber big guy the drug don't and won't ever work, your just suffering from major delusions. but that said i really love you.

peace people peace or should that be P.L.U.R.

[ 03 November 2002, 22:28: Message edited by: President George W Bush ]

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
I dont like any of you, Im just here for the coffee and donuts

oh wait thats AA, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I smell something burning.