TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
how long do you practice for, or has it ever occured to you to count?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
it depends on a day off anything up to 2 hours in 10-15 minute stints, or if i have somone to poi with i can go all day lol if i have been working that day i usually only get in 30 mins-an hour a night how about you?

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
It all depends. But if youre wanting to know what the optimal practice session is, its best to practice for 10 - 15 mins then take a 5 - 10 min break before going again. This gives your brain the rest it needs to absorb and process what youve just learned/practiced. Often, doing this at least an hour per day is a good amount of time to progress at a good rate.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

PoiElfBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
Well I try and do at least 15 mins a day, though it doesn't always happen. Some days I will be doing poi on anf off all day, though I can't spin foe that long in one go as I am really weak, but I am slowly trying to remedy this! lol
Helz

"Mmm... I'm sure I had a tail this moring, now I've got legs!"

FreakFlierGOLD Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
when i first started i was so eager i was spinning atleast 3 hours a day trying to learn new things. Now a couple months later i would say i practice maybe an hour a day broken up into little spurts

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
i've only just started, yes i'm a wee newbie!!! *awwww* i've been spinning in spurts of about 10mins or so throughout the day. Just wondered if i should practice more, but it's not practical for me at the moment.

--------------------
Breastfeeding and poi aren't a good combination!!!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Im the same as in spurts of poi then of diabolo then of devil stick etc.

But there is one diffrence to the posts ahead .I 'play' rather than practise.
My theory is leave the practise to the ppl who make cash from spinning and leave the real fun to the amature smile

fire leads to creation

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
I (admittedly as a noob) usually go for about 10-20 minutes at a time a few times a day...More than that if my 7 month old daughter is cranky, as she loves to watch and it calms her down.

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."