doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
psytrance party on the 11/06 and 01/07 in templebar music centre, i will probably be going to the night on the 01st, but wont be going on the 11th.

then another party being organised on the 25th. in glenart castle i definitely wont be going to that 1, but ive heard glorious things about it
*NO GIGS WILL BE HELD IN THE MUSIC CENTRE UNTIL A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND FOR CLEANING FUEL FROM THE STONE*

If you wish to go to the gig on the 11th or on the 25th, send an e-mail to fernando at info@neutronyx.com , or text fernando on 0863240005.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Written by: doctor_fandango

*NO GIGS WILL BE HELD IN THE MUSIC CENTRE UNTIL A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND FOR CLEANING FUEL FROM THE STONE*

When Martin and I used to do gigs there, we'd cover the stone with tarp, and then a layer of peat moss or wood chip to stop the fuel coating the stone. (Mainly so we didn't go slithering around the place - it gets like a skating rink otherwise). We used to keep a bag of stuff backstage for whenever we were performing there.

Just a thought wink

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
biggrin mmmmmmm psy

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
your thoughts are more than appreciated helen. i found that the removal of shoes & socks is an excellent way to eliminate any slippage. bark is pretty pricy tho, and theres usually a healthy crowd of drummers & spinners, once we get entry & pints, theres not much money left over for us to be getting bark.. but do you recon the tarp alone might be enought to keep the stone fuel free?? i'll have to get some fabrics & conduct some experiments in the carpark.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Tarp alone will help - but will probably be slippery, and possibly wrinkly. Fuel may even puddle up on it. We used to duct tape some down, and one large bag of peat moss goes a long way. We used to re-use the same stuff for several gigs, before it got too saturated with fuel and needed replacement. Sand would probably be ideal, as it won't light even if very heavily sprayed with fuel. Also it can be good to have a clearly defined performance area - it does restrict the amount of performers burning at a given time, but it also stops people wandering right across them, and provides a "stage" of sorts. Tends to help ensure that at all times you have around 2 or 3 people lit, and the rest dipping/resting, rather than all lighting up at once and then having a lull.

We tried salting the stone too, but that didn't work.

Best of luck!

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team