Page:
gemitBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Yay! Just got Photoshop and am all excitamatated!! Anyone got any tips to get me started making cool images that will make me look like a clever clogs?!? biggrin

Sleep when yer dead!

Ted, Ted, I forgaat to have me breakfast, d' ya tink I moight doie?!!

Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom.....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
cs annoys me, feels like a newer edition, lower end application. so i use 7 instead.
and lo the village was saved.

for quick web work/vector, i use fireworks (quicker, more extensive web exporting/preview options)

for natural media (wet, 3d, oil paintstrokes) i hear painter 3d is good, but never got it to perform.

for really good teamplay, i use counterstrike.

for photo touch-ups/putting bikinis on pictures of flid/raster work, i still use photoshop 7

for this flyer i used fireworks mx 2004 and pshop 7

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Well photoshop is for photo's... hence the name wink I agree that it's not as good at other things as other programs. But it can hold its own I think how much it *can* do in a single program

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
eek flid, are you saying that you can run windows apps on linux though vmware? eek I had _no_ idea! wink

My point way that Adobe and Macromedia don't seem to take Linux in to account even though most creative computer users either use Macs or Linux, or better still a mix of both. When I have Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop and Fireworks *built* for Linux I still won't use them because the Mac ones are better but it'll be more happy about the world!

I've used painter a bit. It's really nice, and much better when you have a tablet. The brushes work really nicley and the fact that you can set up the texture of what you're painting on is nice.

counterstrike is great for team play.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
not to mention knifing people

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
oi stop camping flid, or i will pwn jooo!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Errrmm..

1. Get a graphics tablet, the non-cheap ones have pressure sensitivity, which is handy when air brushing (or clone stamping) spots out, among at least a dozen other neat things. I got a Wacom Graphire for about £80, and my brother and sister keep borrowing they love it so much.

2. Learn a few key combinations, like:

Space bar - hand tool to drag the workspace around when it's zoomed.
CTRL and spacebar - zoom in.
ALT and spacebar - zoom out.
TAB - hide all the menus.
[ and ] - make brushes bigger or smaller

They really speed up using photoshop, and save you dragging your mouse all over the screen to swap tools.

3. Always use CTRL + ALT+ SHIFT + S when you're saving picures to go on the web. You can get the file sizes really small without losing too much detail. I managed to get my portfolio down to under 3Mb, for about 30 pictures, thumbnails and loads of web code.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
don't forget Shift [ and ] to feather your brush, cloning with a hard edge isn't usually the best

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Page: