Forums > Help! > Ubergeeks help plz

Login/Join to Participate

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
(currently writing this waiting for my computer to crash AGAIN!)

Its a long story but my motherboard fried, i dont know what happened, but it crashed and wouldn't boot up again. So i sent it to get fixed, and it took nearly 3! months! So i got a new hard drive/ new ram/ a new cd drive...but since i got it, its still having trouble booting. Most times it boots but today it took 1 hr to get it up, and its crashed already.

So some times, the cd drive starts but the boot light wont go on, and it stays like that. So i have to turn it off and back on again AT THE WALL! Not a good sign. I really dont want to have to wait another 3 months as iv just got it back, and i missed her frown

Are there any ideas or do i just have to send it back again? mad

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Written by:

So i sent it to get fixed, and it took nearly 3! months! So i got a new hard drive/ new ram/ a new cd drive...but since i got it, its still having trouble booting.

Erm, dunno but sounds like its time for a new motherboard as well.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Umm im assuming i got 1. I dont really want to rip the cover to have a look tho, something to do with 5yr guarantee wink

Written by:

smash it with a hammer

Now THATS and idea wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Whos it from? I guess it's a PC? Unless you have a very good computer (or a very old one) it shouldn't have taken 3 monthe to fix, if i were you i'd ask for my support / repair money back.

You could try unpluging the computer from evreything, waiting a minute and then holding the power butten down for 30 sec. then plug it back in again and see what that does.

Otherwise, yes, motherboard dead i'd guess. Don't assume that it works just because it's new. there is quite a high fail rate for new hardware.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
But im typing this from my computer right now!?! confused Are you saying the mother board can be fried and still semi-work?

Its just over 2 yrs old, and i didn't pay a thing to get all the new memory etc, it was under the guarantee.

Hang ill try the
Written by:

waiting a minute and then holding the power butten down for 30 sec.