Forums > Social Chat > some sympathy and answers plz!

Login/Join to Participate

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
today someone stole my wallet and phone out of my bag in my locker. to cut a long story short i know its someone at school, who would have been watching where i put them and went straight to the right place to get them. not only am i freaked out by someone watching me and going through my stuff, but i cant understand why someone would do it? they have no right, they must know how much stress it causes, and its just WRONG! how can they do something like that?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I am so so sorry to hear that, sweetness ... that simply sucks and akes me sad.
here is a warm hug for you and some giggles and fairy dust too
in the end, I feel sorry for whoever did that awfull stupid mean thing, you know ... ?

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
That's too bad...it's upsetting to think that people don't respect ur stuff...and so in a way don't respect you...but sometimes there are reason's for stealing:

Last month I was camping up in the mountains. There was someone else camping too and he didn't have anything except a couple shirts, tent, and a sleeping bag. It got pretty cold at night so I imagine he must have been freezing (I know I was and I had like 1 long sleeved shirt and a sweater). Anyways after about a week my sweater "disappeared" from the clothes line. I figured it was him...but I didn't go ask for it back...cause I had just enough money to buy a new one and I know he didn't. So I just let it go...and you know what? ...right before I was about to buy a new one...somebody decided to give me one of their extra sweaters for keeps So it all werked out...and everyone had what they needed.

I know it's cliche..but truly: what goes around comes around! Sometimes people steal out of necessity...and when we have the capacity to let go life is just that much easier.

anyways if I were you...I would just call that cell phone non-stop until the person got annoyed out of their mind and gave it back

Goodluck!
Om Shanti

Om Namah Sivaya

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
thanks, i think im over it now after hearing your little story and realising its never coming back. i would call the phone but i cancelled the account so they couldnt run up the phone bill. oh well, *sigh*

*begins scratching round on the ground trying to find anything that might resemble the beginnings of a new wallet and phone...*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Heya adren@line honey,
*hugggz* sorry to hear about your misfortune!
Did you report the stuff stolen? most schools have some sort of monitoring system.... ie: camera's and stuff.... so maybe they could have a look at the security tapes?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
That's just awful!!!

That was a great story SunSpot... You have a good heart!

Last month my drum went missing at the end of Moon Fest.... so I know how yucky it feels to have something taken from you.... but do believe in karma... coz this month for my birthday all the beautiful people of brisdjembe pooled there money together to buy me a new one! AND Jon reskinned an old drum shell I had too! So now I have an ubundance of drums!!! And now I only hope that my old drum travels well and safely and is very treasured in the hands that play it now...*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Clymeneymember
16 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that adren@line. I live in NY so paranoia is Key. Just remember thta whomever stole your stuff is low and unworthy.

clymeney

To forgive is divine, but revenge is so much more funWhat? When? Where? Nuts, I missed it.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
It really sucks to be a victim, huh? You have my sympahty. I think we all fall prey to a thief eventually.
The motivation of a thief is what defines them. Most are selfish, greedy people who think that the world and everyone in it owes them a living. Someone who steals a cel phone, or lifts a wallet is simply lazy. He shuns work, and lives as well as his dishonesty will allow him. He is essentially dirt.
Now, a guy who steals a loaf of bread to feed his starving family, I can almost say he's justified in his larceny. He could resort to more desparate or violent measures, but chooses tamer solution, ala Robin Hood. These examples are, of course, extreme, but they help demonstrate the whys.
A coupla weeks ago my car was broken into. They smashed a window, took some library books, a few minor amenities from my trunk, but what really irked me was they made off with some hand-made jewelry that took a lot of time and effort to craft. I take solace in the existance of karma. I like the idea that evil begets evil...Sure it denotes an age-old biblical need for revenge, but it keeps me civil.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
it all comes back to the injusticeness of the world doesnt it? i think ive found a balance though, im going to be an incredibly giving person and keep everything important and special VERY VERY SAFE!!! but that still doesnt cover what to do in situations where people have ongoing pain, like not being able to feed themselves, what is with this world?!?!?!?

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
dude, thats harsh, i hate it that people think they can just take things that arent theres.
when i went to WO.M.A.D. festival a few weeks bac my bag was stolen OUT OF MY TENT!! IN THE NIGHT WHEN I WAS ACTUALLY IN THERE! luckily my phone wasnt in it but my wallet was, and some pictures of all my best friends and also..MY POI!!
i was so upset about losing the poi and photos that i cried loads! i had to busk wit fire chains to get food money and money for the new poi!

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
well heres just a big

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

at everyone who steals and doesnt have to.

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
That sucks loades dude.
Couple years back i had my bike,stereo,money($30),and my limp bizkit c.d. stolen in the same month.
at least you could get back at them a little.

[ 02 September 2002, 00:47: Message edited by: Shinova:thefiredemon ]

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
sorry to hear about your things getting stolen :-(
hope you find some way of gettin them back :-)

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!