Forums > Social Chat > Nothing to do with fire...

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
But I am excited and I thought I would share t with you all since everyone else thinks I am nuts...I recently took up sword swallowing...or trying it at least...and I managed to get just over a foot down!!! Not bad concidering the "most" length you are supposed to take in is 2 feet. I am soooo excited!!!! One more thing to add to the show roster.Yes it is uncomfortable and if I had known I prolly wouldn't have started but..I kinda like it in a sick way! Best to all..thanx for letting me prattle!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
congrats!i dont thik that will be something i'll take up to soon.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Wahoo! New skills are cool.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
That sounds really cool. You should get one of those foot glowsticks. I saw someone do it with one of those before. It was drk and you could see the stick glowing from inside his neck. WELL DONE PELEY BABYpeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Congrats! I tried it for a while, but I couldnt really get it. Talk to Slim Price, he is a really big help on sideshow related stuff. I tried swallowing for a while, but went on to Human Blockhead, and then Poi instead. Nice Work!-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Human Bockhead, Psychomonkey?What is that?????It's not hard...once you get past the gag reflex that is, which mine isn't strong so it's not so hard!!!!!Thanks for the support everyone! It's nice to be encouraged by people who don't think I am stoned off my rocker!!!! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 08 March 2001).]

Pele

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
...one foot??? confused WOWWWWWWWW....take it easy there Pele grin - wow methinks i'll give this trick a miss!!! smile not brave enough - off to throw up now blush)...the thought of a sword in my throat makes me...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr winkhappy swinging,Simos

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
ok my stomach feels better now grin - congrats for that Pele (you don't have to do the whole 2 feet now, do you hun??? i am worried smile)...happy swinging,Simos

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Blockhead is basically where you put a nail, or other sharp object(screwdriver, drill...) into a space below your nose. It looks really awesome, but it is very dangerous. Once I figured out could do it, i showed a few people, and realized that if I missed,....-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
wow pele, that kicks ass.i reely wanna see one of your shows now...the closest i ever came to stuff like that was a long strand of spagetti down my throat...hehegood work, the more stuff you can do the better i say.carpe cervasi grin------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

Stumpymember
10 posts

Posted:
rather u than me!however i've got a book called strange feats and clever turns all about the good old vaudeville and speciality acts at the turn of the century(20th century that is).in it is a swordswallower who swallows a 22 inch cavalry sabre.for those who wish to know more the isbn is 0-9532373-0-3also there is a guy called Wasp Boy( a german who works for Circus of Horrors)who swallows a 20 inch flourorescent tube (plugged in) and if you see it have a bucket ready[This message has been edited by Stumpy (edited 09 March 2001).]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Stumpy, I actually know someone who did that with the lamp and the damn thing broke inside him. He's fine but the hospital visit was full of interesting explanaitions! Thanks for the book. Also if you guys are into weird and unusual tricks....check out Jim Rose and a man called "The Enigma", you can't miss him, he's tatooed all over his body like a giant puzzle. Very sick and strange, even to those of us who don't get easily queasy.Simos, you crack me up silly boy! grin Don't worry I have an excellent teacher for this and I am not forcing myself. I am elated with one foot and will slowly work on adding inches until I feel I can't add any more. No pushing, no hurrying..but thanks for the concern sweetie!Psychomonkey....I kind of figured that's what you meant by blockhead. It's not so dangerous once you're accustomed to it. My friend and fellow Ren performer Andy Blau (Zoltan the Adequate) does it with these ungodly looking nails and a hammer. He's amazing at playing up the pain. Really all you are doing is putting it in the entry way of your sinus cavity. If you push (way) too hard with something sharper than what you should be using you can give yourself a frontal lobotomy though. I had always thought it'd be funny to try but have had no *real* place for it in my show. Besides, Andy is ace at it and does sleight of had magic to make the nail "reappear" out of his mouth...how could I compete?In the end what's funny to me is the sword swallowing is far more dangerous than any of the fire tricks I do...though by simple thought it seems it should be in reverse. Oh well.Thanks for the encouragement, I knew you'd understand, even though no one else here does!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

Stumpymember
10 posts

Posted:
Sticking things up your nose is a hobby of my mate ben. he does a brilliant act with a bucket, a bunny costume, a modeling ballon and the teletubbys theme song.obvisiouly there is a time and a place for this type of thing but i wish more people would accept that "people like us" push ourselves the limit.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Hah! I was wondering when Enigma's name would pop up here. He lives here in Austin, I see him around town sometimes. He's had coral implanted in his skull so that he has horns (under the jigsaw-puzzle skin). He was also the emcee at a show where my ex twirled fire. Small world.Congrats on the sword-swallowing Pele--I'm impressed.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh... the Enigma. What a guy! My boyfriend, and the director of our troupe, went to elementary school, middle school, and some of high school with him. They've known each other all their lives.Got the chance to hang out with the Enigma and his fiesty feline lady Cat when they were in town visiting his folks - what a couple of grounded, friendly, genuine people! They were so nice, and patient with all the staring and questions (dude, are those tattoos on your head? oh my god, are those horns REAL?!)Anyway - I second the "Enigma is awesome" motion. I think it's official now. hee hee...freaks unite!------------------www.cabiri.org

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
dude, thats cool. you have my approval. i saw a guy do that once. creepy. but you wont catch me doing it.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
LUV NEW TRICKS MAN. BUT DO SHARE , POST A PHOTO !!! tongue