beckanewbie
12 posts

Posted:
im sorry if this is in the wrong area but id love to take poi lessons i find it all so fascinating and interesting but round my area in south west england you dont really hear about it,i was wandering if any of you guys would have any information that might help me? For those of you that do poi i think ur amazing and admired by many,i never realised all the danger that could be involved untill i read some bad experiences and all safety aspects.yet still im determined to learn hehe.many thanks for your help. smile

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hey, where abouts in the south west are you? I'm in cornwall and i know loads of spinners in cornwall and devon that would be more than willing to help.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
yeah, i'm in the south west too, in somerset, there's a few here as well smile

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

beckanewbie
12 posts

Posted:
oh wow,thankyou,im in Devon.(near torquay).What do i need to do to get in contact and get things goin?(sorry for all the questions) im a beginner lol.

pass_the_pigjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
I'm not near there, go figure. But you should check out some local fire meets n the like, it'l increase your desire even more

I took my harp ta party, but no body asked me to play, so I took harp home again

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
I think exeter university have a Circus Soc dont they? If not you can wait until I get enough UCAS points to get into Exeter...then I'll teach you all I know (which isnt much!)

I learnt mostly of the internet anyway, just start off swinging a few beanbags and cords. Then work through the online lessons until you get a feel for it. Then you can start thinking about proper poi and fire. Once you start spinning you'll suddenly find that your town is filled with fire freaks just waiting to spin with you biggrin

Caz x

Caz

beckanewbie
12 posts

Posted:
awww thanx thats real nice of you id love for you to be able to teach me,im soo excited about learning,il look into the exeter uni though,sorry to sound dumb but whats UCAS points?,i been lookin for local fire meets but not havin much luck at the mo : (

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If you do a search Micheal Kahn was offering lessons in London. I think it was a beginners & intermediate course for about £70 one night a week. I know that's probably to far but if you have spare cash and a car it could be good!

Plus there's loads of spinners in Devon/Cornwall so pm some poiple here and see if they're willing to help you out biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Come to Cornwall. We'll teach you all you want for no charge at all (well, we might make you skin up).

I also find the best way to meet spinners is to go to a park, beach, or other public place and spin. Poiple naturally gravitate towards each other, so pretty soon you'll have met others.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

beckanewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mags The Jedi

Come to Cornwall. We'll teach you all you want for no charge at all (well, we might make you skin up).

devil

haha thats fine with me coz if i skin up once,u wont want me to do it again lol biggrin iv pm'd you smile

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*music* come to kenyaa, we've got lioons.

damn you, weebles stuff!!!

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
There's a live version now - that had me in stiches (but I'm like that sometimes) along with Scampi -- altogther now....

I've seen thiiiiiings, I've seeen them with my eyyyyyyes....!

*Ahem*

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
UCAS points are what it takes to get into uni. I'll be in exeter from the 26th...but I don't spect I could teach anyone much :-S

I know this is the wrong board but I reckon a Devon and Cornwall mini-meet is in order :-D

Caz

Caz

H.a.V.a.B.o.R.g.newbie
12 posts

Posted:
yeh come to cornwall thw more the merrier.

HOPニュースレター

サインアップして、最新の販売、新しいリリースなどを入手してください...