AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Maybe this should go under the subject of "Duh, Diana, look around!", but just I was about to shoot an email off to Malcolm about adding a search function for the discussion only and I found it. So if you're wondering how to find long lost threads, there you are. Diana

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
grin grin grin yeap it's a cool function - i am sure it goes unnoticed though smilehappy swinging,Simos

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
No offense to Malcom, but it doesn't work very well. It skips over lots of threads that I know exist and I wind up tracking them down "the hard way." Perhaps I am doing something wrong... Actually, I don't remember that fire-thing-logo coming up previously. Did you switch search tools in the last couple months, Malcom? I used to get lots of hits whenever I typed in a word before, but now similar searches only turn up two or three...Or did I just dream it all? (Maybe I was searching through Yahoo and ended up in here?)

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
OH I didn't realise that was there. direct all DUH's over here.cheers guyspeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
If you want to search the bulletin board for a particular thread or topic definately use its search function. It's very powerful.It does exactly what you tell it to do, so be aware of what you are asking it to do.It lets you choose whether to search for an exact term or a partial match. It allows you to choose between searching an entire message or just a title (ie. the name of the thread). It lets you search all forums or one specific forum. It also allows you to search for a particular members posts.Take advantage of it, its great, but remember if you don't find what you're looking for, it's probably your fault. True story! grin smile[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 02 March 2001).]