ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering if clear nail varnish was uv active? Its been annoying me all day - I'm sure that I've been told that it is but I'm sure I've never seen my nails glow when I've been wearing it in uv light (not that I've worn it in a long long time). So any ideas please? ubbrollsmile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Dear Miss Parafinfairy,

Just bring the nail varnish along to your regular UV active spinning session (I hear there's a good one in Guildford) and put the bottle under the light. If it glows, then you can paint it on - it dries in about 2 minutes doesn't it? (Mine does...)

Failing that, ask the nicest (not to mention best looking) bloke at the spinning session if you coud borrow some of his spangly UV paint and paint it in that.

Then pay him wink

Hugs and fond affection

Mr Durbs

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Thanks!! The thing is I'm sitting here bored at work (as usual) and thought that I'd paint my poi whist waiting for something exciting to happen (like the phone ringing!!). The thing is I cant really be bothered if its for nothing. It was just a nice little time-waster to get me through the afternoon!!

Looking forward to the rather fun Guildford gathering (come on lets see how much we can plug it!!!) wink

I need it..... Trust me!

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
it's not unfortunately, but you can get some stuff from POW that is. Although it's UV reactive which means it just changes colour, but doesn't glow.

you might be able to get it somewhere though.

sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Thanks! I didn't think it was UV active but I'm sure I had a conversation a while ago when someone told me it was. In the end the wonderful Mr Durbs gave me some lurvely UV pink paint so I got there in the end!

I need it..... Trust me!