DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

I was offered a 6 month contract in Portugal to perform at a water park from April till November but can't (won't) do it for reasons I'll explain later
They are after a "Street Entertainer", preferably multi-talented, to perform shows and walkabout around the park. There is potential if you want to go out with 2 performing friends (especially if you perform different props) for one of you to be the "manager" of your little entourage and get slightly more money with slightly more responsibilty (Although you could just split the difference between you)
The package is as follows
800 euros per month (Roughly £530) / 1000 euros (roughly) £670) for the "Manager"
Accomodation
Food whilst at the park
Drinks whilst at the park
in return for 5/6 days a week - 8 hour day (not solid obviously - you'd die!)

I was really going to say yes - but it's just too long-a contract for me (I'd be away from Mrs Durbs too long...) and also (and here's the snag) it's sort of a Sea-Worldy-type place where they have performing dolphins. Personally I wouldn't feel happy working there (and you would be used to warm the crowd up before the main show). The place (which I don't know for sure, but am 98% cerains is "ZooMarine") doesn't have a particularly great record for animal welfare frown

BUT

I'm not one to judge and if you are GENUINELY interested in this opportunity - give me a PM and I'll give you more details - i.e. who to contact etc.
It's a great opportunite for 6 months in the sun and would be really fun way to spend 6 months with some mates.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Or, in the offical wording:

Street entertainers, such as: - jugglers, statues, mimes, clowns, shadow man, acrobats, and so on for summer season in South Coast of Portugal (great opportunity for all you football fans) working in a water theme park (similar to Sea World).

You will be required to perform in various shows and walk-abouts throughout the day. We need 3 entertainers to start at the beginning of April 2004 with contracts running to the 30th September 2004. Also needed are 2 further entertainers to start June 1st 2004 and finish at the end of August.

You will be required to work 6 days a week and 8 hours a day (6 hours with public and 2 hours rehearsal time)

We provide: Accommodation, meals, drinks plus 800 euros per month 1000 euros for team leader along with all necessary material for the activities, including uniforms (however if you have your own equipment it would be a bonus).
~~~~

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude