Forums > Social Chat > ever mess up your performance?

Login/Join to Participate

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
this weekend we had a talent show organised at school, i decided to join knowing i would blow the school awayt cus the've never seen a glowstick show only dancing and such. the furst show ( this thursday) went preety good i got a standing ovation ubblove meh wtv the second night was the sickest cus the croud was 3 times as big and they went crazy!
saturday.... biggest croud of all 3 nights. bout 3 min's into the show my strings tangled like iv'e enver seen it b4, ( i've got hight intensities so they dont last long) i go crazy on stage trying to untangle them.. doesnt work i go off stage quickly take the strings ogff my fingers then, run on stage , they cue the music over , the croud goes nutz,... then i realsie one of the strings ripped off... something that's never happened b4. + this was the only night they filmed...
have any stories that would make me feel less retarted?

it must be green

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I angle grind!

i remember a few years ago when i was on stage in a club, 5 of us on stage and all just uncloaked, it was a real dark show lots of grinding and fire breathing.
we had just started the show and i was at the back of the stage with my grinder with another performer from the troupe. we had some really shitty leggings on and they had made a tassle on the front of them, my grinder got caught up in the tassle, not my fault, i didnt make the costume but it was totally unsuitable, well anyway not only did the grinder catch the tassle, it took in my shorts underneith and also my **** , kinda looked like a dalmation after that for a week, thankfully no damage, just drew a bit of blood to the surface of the skin.

i wouldnt worry too much about getting your stings caught up, plenty worse that could happen.

at least you went back out there and you got the respect from the crowd.

luckilly i managed to get my grinder un caught intime to grab my change over to fire ropes in the show i was doing and the rest of it went ok with my adreneline pumping beyond belief.
some of the crowd came up to me after the show and asked if i was kewl, i managed to hide while i was sorting my costume out how ever daunting it was at the time, it took me a while to pick up another grinder after that.

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
[censored] that sounds like it sucked really bad.. but it wasnt your whoel school. lol u got hurt.. so i guerss that even's itself out. hopefully on monday ill be getting some sick props from everyone

it must be green

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
wtf???
angel grind?!?!?!
holey [censored] man you have some serious balls my friend!!!
eek eek eek eek

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Owie owie.......

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
one time when i was spinning fire poi in jamaica i messed up somehow and ended up hiting my head, i didn't catch on fire or anything but i did burn a little lock of hair off.

certifiedloonSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
Wow, angle grinding, wicked smile
Wouldn't know about messing up a performance - not gd enough yet, but will let you know when I get some balls/tricks smile
weavesmiley

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
what is angle grinding?
confused

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
Quote:

what is angle grinding?
confused

ok i'm not alone on this. i don't know this either. ???

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
It involves power tools being applied to metal plates on strategic parts of your body. The special effects are better then Star Wars when it's right.

Everyone fouls up at some point, usually when there's a lot of people with cameras. Annoyingly, you can spin perfectly for hour upon hour, and when you make that one error you get a resounding cry of "you're CRAP!" from the crowds.

My booboo was quite irrationally deciding I was scared of the flame halfway thorugh a burn. One minute confident fire goddess. Next, sqealing like a girl every time the wick came near me. Not the best ending.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.