Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ok, i searched for this but couldn't find anything, so...
does anyone know any 2 person tricks? i've been working on a show with my flatmate and we've been working out some tricks for two people wit 1 or 2 sets of poi and standing id different positions.

Does anyone know of some actual tricks for 2 people? I really want something coll & a bit different for the show.

thanks!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey tao...

try a bit of poi fighting!
for example, if you move towards your partner spinning a forwards weave they can lean back and do something btb. or you could try interlocking alternating
4bt corcksrews!

i'm pretty sure i saw a post recently where someone was talking about swapping poi with their partner while doing ttn opposite each other....

throws, well, where do you start? think about how jugglers pass clubs etc...

wraps, around each other, or 2 person hyperloops....

i haven't really explored this stuff yet cos there's no-one i practice with enough but i've always wanted to get into it... i think i might have to now you've got me thinking about it! try talking to the guys from bristol as well cos they do a lot of group performances...

hope this was some help to you, let us know how you get on! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Might wanna download the Flame Oz video for some inspiration as they do some 2 and 3 person combo moves. Included in that is the 2 person double weave. Looks pretty nifty IMO.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
I've personally been working on a flag routine with one other person for which we're trying to get a very interwoven effect so some back to back weaves and one person standing in a crucifix while the others spinning around them also lots of move in time with the others and lots of things to look nice with flags. We've do have other poi routine but i'm mainly playing with my fire sword smile
anyhow hopefully in a month we'll have a promotion video out and once we've got a name for the show i'll put dates out for the preview screening of the show which you'll all be invited to and you can see for yourself what we've been up to.

also about 2 week ago me and Sy were trying 2 person airwarps which we did get to work afew times and it would be really nice if you could do self airwrap, together airwrap, self airwrap... continuously although might be alittle hard.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Might wanna download the Flame Oz video for some inspiration as they do some 2 and 3 person combo moves. Included in that is the 2 person double weave. Looks pretty nifty IMO.

sounds good to me! Where is the video, i coudn't seem to find it in the video section. What's the file name?

Thank You! smile ubbrollsmile smile

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
if you and someone else stand back to back you can both do a weave and not get tangled as long as you're doing it on the opposite side to each other. This is dead easy - a friend and I could do it within about half an hour of learning the 3bt weave

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
COL 3 or4 has two girls working nicelt togther too....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Severlymember
6 posts

Posted:
I've tried to do weave back to back with someone who also does the weave and then both turn around still back to back into backwards chase. It works real fine, and it's fun to.

Another thing maybe not for a show but for getting osm action is doing butterfly and then a giant butterfly over someone's head and continue behind this persons back, lovely to make out that way, sort of a fire kiss kiss ubblol

Anyway, practise everything because you're not the only one one that will get hurt if you failed.

Poi and stave.
Fire.
Dance.

That is life.