Page:
The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
well i was thinking that the reason the last HoP day wasnt as good as it could have been was because it was thought up with like 2 weeks to get things organised.
So this year i thought if we could get the ball rolling, we could make a better go of things!

so first things first:
where are the central meeting points?
London?
Sheffield?
Sydney?
who's got suggestions?

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Quote:

well i was thinking that the reason the last HoP day wasnt as good as it could have been was because it was thought up with like 2 weeks to get things organised.
So this year i thought if we could get the ball rolling, we could make a better go of things!

so first things first:
where are the central meeting points?
London?
Sheffield?
Sydney?
who's got suggestions?

I propose Sheffield smile
Especially now Jo Derry and Tempest have moved here and Traits nearby, along with a whole lot of other spinners.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

1,079 posts

Posted:
OK then, onewheeldave, u shall be in command of the sheffield crew gathering, where else tho? I seem to remember Halifax being mentioned as a meeting point.
Im guessing clapham for London, what about sydney? Melbourne?
where in NZ?
And USA?

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I'd be able to make it in Sheffield much easier than London too!!!!

I remember America had about 6 million diff cities maybe not that many...

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

bobcatmember
25 posts

Posted:
Tis' Sheffield for me. I can't wait.. biggrin

"the monkey stole my poi"

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i say Las Vegas for the western part of the US biggrin

(this is in October right?)

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
Would I be right in thinking that there can be more than one in any given country then ?

Non-Https Image Link

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
oh nevermind then

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
NO!

If there's more than one in any given country we will all die slow and painful deaths!

oh...

hang on, i'm getting spinning events confused with biological warfare again. doh!

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

1,079 posts

Posted:
well basically yeah, its unfair to ask the lovely texan crew to hike up to NYC now is it? some places are just too big, America par example.

Okay pounce, if you wanna organise the US west coast community for Las Vegas, go for it.
what about the East side?
and is there gonna be a central division?

AND WHAT ABOUT THE ANTIPODEANS?

PS sim mate, lay off the parrafin sniffing.... hug

D.B.
X x X x X

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oooOOOOoooo coolness and if ppl video it all the video from around the world could somehow be edited together id buy one of them biggrin so when is the exact date going to be so we can all mark it on our calenders?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
That is a fuckingblindingidea.

My first choice for editor would definatly HAVE to be Bluecat. But im only suggesting.
His work on the EJC, BJC and TePooka videos have ALL made me go "wow" on a regular basis and the editing truely is second to none.

"A True talent" - The Times

"He edits in a way to leave you exasperated and dumbfounded...its amazing!" - The Independent

"A Must-see" - Time Out

"[censored] Blinding Mate!" - The Daily Sport

biggrin

1,079 posts

Posted:
26th of october tis.

so us brits need to find some where warm...
or bring a lot of firewood (theres a good place in reading selling big bags for £5.25, like a hole in a wall)

can some one tell the aussies and kiwis bout this, and that crazy crack heds from SA, ho ho they are a mad bunch

D.B.
X x X x X

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
okie dokie. I nominate Sydney.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
We could certainly do something in TX at the end of Oct.

Isn't the 26th in the middle of the week though? Wouldn't that make it a bit difficult to get a bunch of people in the same place at once?

1,079 posts

Posted:
well, seeing as you are a moderator, we should go for sydney. what about east OZ? or am i being ignorant? AND WHAT ABOUT NZ!!!

yeah, 26th is on a tues, cheers for pointing that out
In that case, spitz can have a special HOP birthday celebration, with everyone (as in the WORLD) having HOP day on a seperate day.
im gonna nominate the following saturday night, Oct 30th, to be the HOP day, sat nite is generally a better deal than fri or sun, right?
lemme know!

D.B.
X x X x X

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by Dyke Boy
what about east OZ?

Psst... Dyke Boy... Sydney is on the east of OZ... tongue rolleyes

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

1,079 posts

Posted:
yeh soz, i always get east n west mixed, dounno why, i do know that syneys is on the NZ side, not the indian side.

but anyway, mishap asside, can some one ask the kiwis if they wanna join in?

D.B.
X x X x X

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
No one's spoken up for New York???

Ok then....

NEW YORK!! I'm in. smile

And I don't mind organizing but...I'm new. So I need more info.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
cool! Maybe we can have a Halloween HOP Day party.... We don't really celebrate Halloween in Australia; it would be nice for us all to get the chance to dress up and play with fire at the same time!

Would the Melb and QLD and Adeliade (and anyone else) crews be willing to come to Sydney for it?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
wow the whole halloween/poi things sounds cool, as we dnt really celebrate it here either. by october i might have brainwashed my mum into letting me go to wunna these things! biggrin whole thing sounds wicked, especially the video part. I'd by a copy!

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Oooh! What a great idea! We can have an around-the-world fire spinning halloween party. beerchug

We could even buy a phone card and call the other parties so it feels more like 1 party.

1,079 posts

Posted:
yay im so glad you guys like the idea, i tried to get this going last year, but it fell through...

OK we shall say NYC is the place for the east sidaz to gather.
what you need to do now bubblishis is find some one to film the process, and find a good locationj in or near the city to do it in.

erm, yeh we need a general editor too, i think we should go for Bluecat, kickass editor, as long as he doesnt mind that is...
so yeh, is there anywhere else we havnt got into the scene yet?
OH YEAH. NZ AND WEST OZ
do u guys reckon you could PM peeps that you know from these parts of the globe and request they look at this thread? (ive PM'd malcolm already)

D.B.
X x X x X

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Yep yep. I'll get a videographer and a location. All US eastcoasters - and anyone else who wants to be in New York - are welcome. Not sure where y'all will stay but no worries. We'll work it out. I better start thinking about a costume.. biggrin

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
NYC!! WOOO I'll definitely come now! That's not far from CT at allll... it'll make a lovely day in the park for all. hey.. speaking of parks.. bubblishis do you have a place to do this? You are definitely going to need a big area.. Central Park maybe?

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Hey hex. No, CT isn't far at all. You should come down more often. Place... no I haven't even thought about it yet. Actually, there are other people who are way more qualified for organizing this than me - NYC usually organizes the NYC events. So we'll play it by ear. Not to mention that late Oct isn't always a fun time of year to be outside. But we'll find something. ubbrollsmile

1,079 posts

Posted:
well perhaps you shud PM NYC and see what s/he sez (soz but im never sure)
yeah october sux, but hey, thats why we have fire... BRING LOGS! ubblol

D.B.
X x X x X

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
wave

i like the sound of editing this one if noone has any objections...?

a few things tho:

what would you want from it?
how long?
when?
what format?
etcetc

the more info i can get from organisers as to what is expected from a hopdayvideo theen the better it will be...

smileR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

1,079 posts

Posted:
well id assume for DVD for sale off this site, and i'd say about 60 - 100 mins, divided into sections from each gathering, ie one section from the london show, one from the NYC show etc.
id say in each section a mix of spinning action from groups and pics of the partys and individual bits of spinning, COL style, but no more than 20 - 30sec per individual (with their name at the bottom, of course).
the idea is so that people can see what other HOPers were doing that day to celebrate HOP day, as well as being able to put faces and spin styles to the screennames.
dyou think you catch ma drift?
safe bruv, knew u wud!

D.B.
X x X x X

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Just read what you put up on the bristol thread
Quote:

do you think you guys would wanna organise sumfing for HOP day 2004?

Personally would love to do something but do you think it'd be better for us to go down to london to keep things abit more central (it's only about 2hr train ride) or to organizes somthing in bristol which might make things easier to film. Thinking about it i reckon London would be better, it'd make more of event of it, if we can get crash place.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

1,079 posts

Posted:
wel i coul personally offer a place to one person. but im livin wiv my lovely precious mamma, but it'll be cool.

well i thought it might be a bit much of me to ask you all to head down, but of course your more than welcome to head down here!
yay more for the london cru!

also bluecat, have you seen smallboy's small house warming party video? thats kinda the mix between faces, party action n spinning that im looking for, waddyoo think?

D.B.
X x X x X

Page: