Forums > Social Chat > musical selections for performing

Login/Join to Participate

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
dear fire bugs,i've been twirling for a little while and coming froma theatrical background would like to create some sort of a dramatic performance/ dance routine (whether it's for public performance or not remains to be seen wink)where this ittle post is leading is: what sort of music do most people perform to- live or recorded? and if recorded what specific songs or musical pieces do you twirl to? i'm thinking along the lines of a fairly polish piece and manipulating the fire (and possibly other elements of performance) to empathise the changes of atmosphere and the tension and release of the music. (kinda like a figure skating routine, but with fire not ice grin )i've never actually seen any twirlers performing to music although i'm assuming its fairly standard so i'm really interested in everyones ideas...love bel

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hi,If you do a search for music (searching in titles only may help narrow the search) you'll find a whole heap of posts about this. Feel free to bring these old threads back to the surface.And if you're looking for advice on creating a rountine then Pele often posts excellent advice with ideas, thoughts, etc...

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Pssst. Juno Reactor, Conga Fury.Gotta go before the mods start yelling

Jesus helps me trick people.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Natascha Atlas (crazy belly-dance moments)... grin*sings in gypsy wail - "I put a spell on you..."*R.[This message has been edited by Rozi (edited 14 March 2002).]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

SaggyD2034member
10 posts

Posted:
I practice with any kind of techno, that gets me going, certain songs help with different moves when i'm practicing because they have a good beat but if your going to seriously preform, i suggest getting some techno music that is constant speed, no breaks in it. personally atc-around the world helps be with btb weave cuz that's my speed for btb weave. but everything else i just freestyle to my playlist.-saggyhope it helps

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
We use live music whenever possible.We've got this cadre of percussionists that are always willing to provide accompaniment for us... they're awesome.Among the benefits of live music are:- it's responsive to what's happening on stage - not everything always goes exactly how you planned it, so it's nice to have musicians that can watch and go with the flow rather than a CD that just keeps spinning regardless of what happens.- audiences really appreciate the ambience that's created with live musicians. they are more likely to dance, cheer, and appreciate what we're doing when we've got real live musicians up there with us.- people who are booking us to perform somewhere like that we come with live accompaniment - we look like a larger, more complete group that way. it's really nice.~*Charly*~The Cabiriwww.cabiri.org

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
Whenever possible, spin to live. But, when theres no live music, go for really strong techno, drum+bass (some), trance (some), ska (punk ska, personally) and rock (good rock, personally... i call it "punk ska")Two good bands are Crystal Method and Prodigy

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
utilitydeamon, try Lab4, Psychaos and Sun Project.I once had a staring competion with Keef out of the Prodigy. I won.

Meh