ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
when i see a new trick on a video i play round till i work out ish how to do it i usually have my video running when im practising. when i saw the movie kill bill and heard the bang bang song i decided that i had to do a contact stuff ups film to it. i finally got round to doing it and the vid is now hosted at

www.poiintheparkex.net

i couldnt resist the urge to make a vid and as im still collecting footage for the next "proper" vid i figured id put this one up to share my pain with the world *shrugs* hopefully im not as bad as the star wars kid

enjoy

-----22/01/04-------

ive put together a new video of short snippets of stuff ive been playing with, after some advice from pk i finally now understand how ur supposed to capture and compress video properly. sadly that came to late for this video as i captured the footage with different settings to what i made the movie with. all the same its only 5 and a bit meg.

jez is kindly hosting it at

https://www.poiintheparkex.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

ive been trying to get the stall at 0.13 to happen horizontally but it just doesnt seem to want to anyway hope ppl enjoy

-----old post------12/12/03

so i finally got my new video camera and josh asked us to twirl as part of his old figure skating coaches going away thing or something so we got to do some fire twirling at the ice areana biggrin we even got to set the ice on fire with some shellite, thats what the bit at the start of the video is, we where going to make a fire circle and twirl in that but we wherent allowed to cos of liability insurance seeings as we wherent the only ones on the ice frown but they promised we could do it next time biggrin anyway the video from the practise play can be found here

https://fire.prohosting.com/benjamen

its a 15.5 meg download and is fairly compressed first i compressed the avi with divx then i compressed that again into a wmv file (sorry i couldnt work out how to divx it to a set file size) so i think so long as u have the latest version of media player it should run fine. any feedback would be great

EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1077543129)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I like the funky dancing and the daft piss taking ubbrollsmile

nice skating spin at the begining.
that takes me back to my old ice skating days

but I think you ought to warn people:
**CAUTION ITS THE POWER OF LOVE**

cool
Drew

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Great video,,,looks like you guys had a blast making it. weavesmiley

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
yep that video was fun - I especially liked the club swinging ubbrollsmile

cheers beerchug

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
twas most fun indeed that day had such a buzz to it, i felt like a little kid that just got the best xmas present ever, ive now got more footage from when we actually did the performance im thinking about adding it in.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
editing doesnt seem to bump a thead so *bump*

that whole new vid online in the first post thing
EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1074612339)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ben,

Just a little tip - If you can get the staff to stall a bit further out (further out to your right in the vid) making your hand just a tad more off center, you can probably get the stall horizontal... Though I gotta say, its not too off the way you have it.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Badass ubbtickled

I only do a little contact staff, I need ot practice more this summer so I can apply it all to my meteor ubblove

Any one out there do shoulder rolls with a meteor?? Nx, I'm looking at you ubbtickled

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
wave
i got the steve with a meteor.....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
icon my biggest problem is that when it does stall horizontal i cant seem to drag it back fast enough and it ends up hitting the ground, when its a bit (ok a lot) off horizontal it gives it a bit of momentum or something so it stays on my hand still. *shrugs* mmmm more practise i guess, i think ill have to extend my grip even further.

rob i have a feeling that if we put u on a unicycle blindfolded you then got u to juggle a fish, clock and a fish bowl that u could still steve a sandwitch wink

a bit of trivia, although u cant see it cos i cut the video before it happens we where burning off under the bridge to get rid of al the spiders as after the burn off a million spiders shot out everywhere to get away from the heat and smoke ..... it didnt work exactly as we planned after we had spiders dangelling all around us eek

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
no.

its not true.

i'd have to eat the sandwich as it went past my head wink

and i can't unicycle(give me a month...i'll get back to you on that one.)

nor in fact can i juggle wink

or stev? what is that anyway?

looking forward to downloading this one... probly tomorrow... and i'll look out for the lack of evidence of spiders....(have you read web?)

R rolleyes

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ben,
Thats why I suggest off centering your hand a bit more. If your hand was another inch or two off center, there would be more weight on the outside and you would have a better pivot point letting you spin it back faster. (ie if you had a staff nailed to a board in the dead center and it was able to rotate, it would be easier to spin it if you pushed on the end of the staff than if you pushed slightly off center) You would just have to isolate it slightly to make it look right.

Then again, Im really pulling all this outta my arse as I dont spin staff ubblol Sounds logical to me though.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
the problem is the faster it spins the sooner it falls off cos i have to drag the staff back before i really want it to spin otherwise id have to cheat and grip it with my hand in some cheating kinda way

dont expect to much rob my contact needs much work, i just videotape when im practising so i can see what im doing wrong and occasionally there are some bits that i like and i chuck em into a video that whole experimenting with video editing thing. im o so slowly collecting clips of stuff ups that im going to edit together to the bang bang song from kill bill. the sad thing is i haaaaaaaave sooooooooooooo much more stuff up footage than sucess footage, much head smacking and nose rolling

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*bump* new vid done see first post
enjoy

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! mad

It's only 3kb big! [either divx got REALLY good at compression, or it's not toally uploaded properly]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

ubbcrying

EDIT:

Ah no, the poi in the park on works fine... Don't have to do work for a bit now - yay!
EDITED_BY: mcp (1077549100)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
tis a tad weird i had troubles with it with internet explorer but it downloaded fine with netscape for me *shrugs*

ive got another one in progress which as a couple of semi not crap sequences but i only have 1.30 ish of footage, i did splice it with a well known 80s icon but theres 2.30 of said icon ...... i dunno if i should wait till i get more footage ..... its about 25 meg (from memory)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
The who in the what now?

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Wow, you get hit on the head A-LOT... How come? I've only been hit badly on the head like three times... And one was on my ear, I thought I was going to get cauliflower ear, but I didn't. wave

I think you've been reading the spanking thread too much... spank biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I searched and searched and I can't seem to run down any current vids of you...
I may be search retarded.

Help? biggrin

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i will do soon

Step (el-nombrie)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
There are a few still up on www.soton-firespinning.co.uk

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me