serendipitymember
6 posts

Posted:
I am trying to be all legal and everything so that I can perform in public. The town I live in (Boulder CO) requires liability insurance. Not all insurance companies have insurance for twirling fire, some don't know what I'm talking about.Anyone got any recommendations???

Belrockmember
33 posts

Posted:
did you try met life?

Fire Demon of the Dwarven world...I am Belrock

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Look up the World Clown Association on the net. The insurance rolls over on May 1, of every year. So you might want to wait until then to get the most bang for your buck.------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Met Life will say no, tried them, as will almost any other general insurance agency. You need a specialty company dealing with performers..esp. clowns, jugglers, etc. You don't need fire twirling coverage as there is no specific such thing. General liability coverage will cover: Fire Damage Medical Expenses of injured persons (not you) General Aggregate (venue and such) Products (any sales merch type items)I use:Clowns of the US., IncPhone# 651-738-02807732 Cayenne Plaza W.Woodbury, MN 55125-1608General Liability coverage is $95 per year for $2 million in coverage.The policy is non-pro-rated, it goes from April 25th to April 25th of the following year, no matter what. If you sign up now and pay the $95, you will still have to renew and pay again in April. They are good though Easy to work with. I haven't had a Fire Marshall, event promoter or official ever question it. Kudos to your city and you for your safety and professional consciousness!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK