Forums > Social Chat > What do you keep as pets?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Hello all,I am just curious to know what sort of animals you all keep at home?I ask this because pets can relate to the type of person you are and what type of life style you have, and how you can relate to others. I know we all share one or more passions here amongst our selves but there could be people out there with some thing out of the ordinary..I myself have been a big animal fan for a few years now, i have had in my time for various reasons 10 species of lizards including a Rhinoceros iguana and a few green iguanas, several snakes, fish, cats , mainecoons <

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Well, I live in a dorm and we are not allowed to have living pets, so I have a pet rock that I decorated myself. His name is Pedro. He is really low maintenance. smile

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Over the years I have had everything from typical to the less than traditional.Right now, a python named "Goldie"A Beta named "Codie"A son named Noah and a Whipping Boy! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
2 Cats...Does that make me boring?TaStu

Imagine something witty or profound was here.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have a tortoise called Peta. She's really old grin

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Malcolm - geek! tongue wink Kinda funny too, both Seven of Nines wear cat-suits - hee heeI have never owned a pet, though I have borrowed other peoples. I can play with the pet then give it back when I get bored (fickle I know!)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
ive got 11 horses 2 old cats and a completely bonkers dog, dog loves the poi, insists on standing behind me like a faithful pooch, not so much these days with my stone ones (she's not the brightest berry on the bush). the horses get used to the noise and light quick!! he he he even had a few highly out of control bare back no bridle drunken escapades with short staffs in the back paddocks............my cats are just idle......... such a dissapointment, think they own the place or'sum

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I have a cat, and a pet Spam. Yes, Spam. I never really considerd it edible, so to give it some redeeming value I made it my pet. It has it's own leash and every thing. Not really what you'd call high maintenence, either. I breifly contemplated having a pet head cheese as well, but decided that head cheese has *no* redeeming value. It's right down there with vegemite.I also thought about breeding chompionship midgets in my friend's basement (just in case midget tossing ever becomes legal in the US again)------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
i had yabbies... then guinea-pigs. a budgie that i won in a raffle.and nothing right now.i'd really like a talking parrot

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Keeping midgets in the dark isn't enough on it's own to stunt their growth. Try encouraging them to smoke many cigarettes too....MMeh

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
Well, I have my pet chimp bubbles, he is hiding in the closet right now. My pet aligator head is sitting next to me along with my pet pickled shark. The moosetooth is sleeping over in the coner along with the pet rock mushroom I have. My dragon is trying to eat the nuts that I have cracked for him and my sliver mouse is watching me type. The dog is on the couch trying to get it's sanity back while the cats are down stairs licking themselves. The old man is probably asleep downstairs next to the bunny cage. The pet cd player is just sitting there talking something about Eve 6 and the rocket is getting ready for blast off. The talking iguana is telling me a really cute story about the guinie pig that wanted to fly. My pig porco rosso is trying to get me to feed him AGAIN and the cow is talking madly about some new deal he's got with a large computer company. If this doesn't make me insane, I don't know what does.Deane(p.s. two cats and a dog)------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Cantus- woooooo!like I said I never had a pet of my own, but thought of some I would like:2x turtles (they are like cool fish!) and I would name them phobos and deimos. (After the moons of Mars, not the dogs of the god grin)beagle - wanted one since I saw the Great Grape Ape. (Gotta love Beagly!!)------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
We just got a ferret for christmas and I've alrdy managed to litter train it and get it to stop nipping.A Cat that I got as a small kitten. Had to force feed it to keep it alive. It was the runt and it's mother left it. However now she's prolly the best cat I've ever had. She's totally dependant on me. I can toss her up on my shoulder and walk outside, into stores, whereever and she will never jump down. If I set her on the ground she becomes totally paranoid and won't move till I pick her back up. She'll even go on a boat with me and sit still for 8+ hours without moving at all. I've almost got her to relax while I'm doing glowsticks, the sound of the fire really freaks her out.A trip tank. It's a 38 gallon tropical community tank based around a near foot long black ghost. The back of the tank has a black light poster and black light and there's a few blacklight refletive things in the water.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
I have had many pets through the years Ive had three dogs: a beagle(pumpkin)a dalmation(arson)and a german shepard(tequilla)2 catsmy handsome tabby (randy)my black and white (socks)a parrot named Tia (which was actually another one of our dogs because we taught her to bark at the cats.)and the pet that I have now is a 4 foot long ball python named roxy. ------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"parents say video games affect teens I dont think they do,if they did, take pac man for example, we'd all be running around darkend rooms munching magic pills listening to repetitive music. PLUR

Its not easy being green....

sleepymikemember
5 posts

Posted:
Greetings,I have a large shepherd/lab mix named Brutus, and he is dumber than a bag of hammers, but I still love him. Also, I have a Ball python named......you guessed it.....Monty.Regards,SleepyMike

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
I dont have a pet any more.. frown We split up just before x-mas [sniff sniff] She used to keep me company and now I feel all lonely and stuff. I have no-one to go home to now.. the house is empty and cold when I get home from work.Apart from that, Im a cat person. I used to have six but the ex took custody of them. (Four MaineCoons as well PK.. boohoo) Me not allowed pets in my current abode but will have more pussies one day.Pele: What the blazes is a 'Beta' ??? I thought that was some kind of video recorder. ...and I think the idea of a 'whipping girl' for the crestfallen Kato would cheer him up tons !!------------------Kato

Kato

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
missFrog - dalmatians used to be firemens horses (they kept the horses company). Kinda ironic that you named yours "arson", cool too.sleepymike - check my signature grinA common theme emerging re: snakes. I was going to make a joke about having a python... *ahem* but I'll keep it clean wink------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
And now for the real question:WHAT ARE YOU? A CAT OR A DOG PERSON!?!? shockedthis has caused screaming matches between my friends and myself in the past and god damn it cats don't conpare to dogs!!! "C" = coldblooded"A" = assholish"T" = tryandstabyouinthebackcreatures(ok so I couldn't think of anything that started with T, I had a hard enough job with A smile)Rónan------------------Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...[This message has been edited by Kolong (edited 25 January 2002).]

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Just the regular two rabbits and a guinea pig, noe of which were tame and had extremely vampirish tendancies!!!Did have a 25 yr old cat called Rupert. Mum was mad om Rupert the Bear (childhood character in the uk) and was keen to call her firstborn (me) Rupert. Dad went and bought her a cat and said "you can call the cat Rupert - NOT MY SON!!!" NICE WORK DAD!!!Got a 10 yr old pedigree jet black German Shepherd at the mo called Toby (alhtough he has a few grey whiskers round his chops). Hes really cool and still REALLY active for his age, and enjoys my poi and staff. I only have to reach for them and he bolts for the door so he can lie on the lawn and watch!He also has an unhealthy interest for fire twirling, well, watching it at least! If we have a bonfire, he will sit there and watch the flames with a 'far away' look as though he were about 90 and contemplating his lifes acheivements. All he needs now is a glass of whiskey and a pipe!!Gruff wink

Moondancermember
10 posts

Posted:
I have a cat named Ocky, she is a little bitch. (likes to attack things, like your leg or head.) And I have a cactus, named Humphry. He is cool but he has started to grow into a weird, almost perverted looking shape. I also have 2 goldfish, Stanley and Ingrid. They have this cute little tank with coloured stoned in the bottom, and I had this groovy rainbow jar in it too, but Stanley is so dumb he swam into it and couldn't get out, so I had to remove it to save what little intelligence and dignity he had left.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
1 guinea pig (Xanthus)2 mice (pango and nozumi)the planted fishtank includes:1 Pictus catfish (Ceberus)1 pair New Guinea Red rainbowfish (Red and Gold)1 pair Australian rainbowfish (Sydney and Bruce)1 Neon rainbowfish (Blue)1 Turquoise rainbowfish (Aphrodite)2 Goyder River Rainbowfish (stripey, collective)1 Bosemani/parkinsoni rainbowfish hybrid (Orange)plus a school of red-eye tetras and a couple of harlequins (Naiads), algae eaters and snails...but usually I just call them "fish" "mice" "pig" or "guinea"plus a lot of chickadees, titmice, white-throated sparrows, wrens, goldfinches, house finches, wild turkeys, cardinals, nuthatches, woodpeckers, and greedy squirrels outside.Pere

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
ok, my pets could eat all of yours... ..maybe with the exception of the big snake thing...i have 2 cats. one lives in the shed, and another lives in the house. they are both completely ferral and will attack anything that moves......last victim; next doors 3yr old alsation... 800 quids worth of damage to the dog, none to the cats...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
surely you can't have a pet ferral cat as they are two seperate things?...One hamster - Napoleon Bean Cook (Picture in MSN community)Loadsa goldfish1 small boy I keep under my bed...Used to have 2 Guinea pigs.P.S. Cat's are horrible, dogs rule------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I used to have a pet loaf of bread at Uni. I got it as part of a freshers pack when I started Uni, put it in a cler plastic sealed container and left it until I had to move out of halls at the end of the year.It didn't do much except start to go mouldy. It ended up green and powdery in some places, black and furry in others, and white and foamy in others.This was until my mum found it and threw it away frownI've also had 2 dogs, not at the same time. The last one was a collie-bermese mountain dog cross who was completely nuts. He wasn't exactly young when we got him from a dog rescue centre so we only had him for about 6 years before he got too old.Since I still live with my parents (for now anyway) I have to run any ideas past them first. They've so far stopped me getting an ant farm and some hermit crabs. I can't afford my other suggestion of pet coral, since I'd need a really big tank.Oh well, I'll just have to wait until I move out to raise my army of wierd pets willing to do my every bidding. Muahahahahaha!------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
yes PET and FERRAL dont really go together, but the ferral (properly ferral, catches her own food, etc...) mother lives in the shed at my parents home, and the kit. lives in my house... he's considerably more friendly than the mother, but you still wouldnt want to tease him too much...as for dogs ruling, thats a bad argument to start... for cat food, yes, dogs rule winkbest pet ever... has to be monty burns (simpsons) flying monkeys!...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Dogs vs Cats?Neither...reptiles anyday!In the past I have owned all manner of rodentia (including a mouse named "Food"), about 8 cats, 3 dogs, A shark named "Jaws Jr." of course, countless reptiles including all manner of boa and python. After all that, I would take the reptiles, especially the snakes, anyday!And Bendy, please! You know yours is a grass snake. Calling it a python only insults my dear "Goldie"! tongue j/k Still love me? wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
nowadays just a cat. My old man used to have a croc called Rock, he got it when my sister didn't sleep for a month from nightmare's after seeing Peter Pan!!! He kept it until it was 4 foot long, then we ran out of room so he went to London Zoo.and I'm gutted coz I just lost my only pic of him with my dad and his metal feeding gauntlet. :-(M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
*takes deep breath* a cat that got run over, then a cat wich got cancer, then a cat wich got run over, then a rabbit wich ran away, then a cat that got run over, then a cat wich is still with us, then a dog we had to sell, then another cat wich is still with us, then a dog wich is still here, then 3 giant africa land snail wich i still have. not bad for my humble 13 years! and no i didn't run them over... wink

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wow so many replys i have just read!Pele i couldn't agree more reptiles are the best, even more so when they are rescued from bad homes, its a shame that i cant have any reptiles where i live right now, i am not supossed to have any pets what so ever but they aint getting rid of my mainecoons and my 2 cats, no chance!Malcolm, your cat names are as bad as mine...my mainecoons are called keverstone storm of angels and keverstone jericho..the other cats names are misfit and meg. and what is it with cats and comet poi?kato, i'm just gonna give ya a hug when i see you next.Gruff, your dad must rock! and your mom has bad taste in names for kids! if she had called you rupert! did she honestly think that you wouldn't have got beaten up at school? and thats one old cat man! does it have one of those zima frames yet with the wheels on it?And bovril...pet coral is cool, i am curently setting up a small reef my self at the weekend just a 30inch tank with live rock and some inverts and maybe a couple of fish...those mud skippers just dont come out from the rocks so, my mate who owns a marine fish shop is gonna hook me up with some discount on corals and stuff:d i cant wait..PK
Non-Https Image Link

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i have lots of animals..4 cats, and 8 dogs now..

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Cutie Poi Girlie, I suggest you get a pet Spam. It will out live you as long as you don't open the can.I was thinking about this thread at work today, and now I fancy I'll get myself a pet Armadillo. I love those f*cking things. Like giant rollie pollies grin ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Page: