De_Fragmember
26 posts

Posted:
I can't help but wonder,who's going to be the first to twirl poi on Ginger?(AKA, IT, Segway Human Transporter, etc.).I'd do it if I could...Maybe I'll ask Kamen if I can try it out...That thing looks like lots of fun to ride, good for getting across Boeing buildings and such, if nothing else.

rw

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Please forgive this ignorant foreigner, but could someone please tell me what on earth this post is raving on about?

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Don't feel too bad, Cantus. I've lived in the states all my life and I don't have a freaking clue what he's talking about.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
totaly lost here... somehow im getting an image of some human transportation device that takes you to the kamens.. someone toss me a map!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
LMAO @ Puppy and Neph. Perhaps it's in code. Anyone got an Enigma machine handy?------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 31 December 2001).]

Meh

getzaphixmember
8 posts

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Oh, ok, I see what we're on about here.Yeah, I think I'd rather walk.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ok, and Kamen and Ginger would be.....?

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Ummmm.... an island and the movie star stranded on it?But where's the skipper?------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
Ohhhhhh that thing..Another one of those bigger, better, faster type of devices they keep making for us humans... Far be it for me to say, but I think walking is the only from of a work out a good portion of our fast food super sized population gets... I dont think coming up with a cute little wheely device was a good idea.. But at the same time, i can see people riding the thing to get to the gym....As for Poi on the thing... I move around to much, and just dont see it happening..

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Another testament to the never ending lazyness of humanity.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Kamen refers to Dean Kamen the inventor. Ginger was one of the code names for it before it was officially released.

Pheelgoodmember
30 posts

Posted:
Yeah, everyone got reaally excited about this thing 'people will design cities around Ginger' and lots of other utopian crap about how this would be so great and save the planet. Personally i don't think that a nicely Photoshopped image of some American dream street scene makes up for the batteries running out.I rather spin them than spin on them. But i'm likely to change my mind once i actually see one. ever.

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Can't really see them ever taking off in London - could you imagine the chaos on Oxford Street with loads of those things??Maybe the wonderful Mayor of London could have a slow and fast lane for those too!:PC

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Didn't people say the same thing about those stupid micro-scooters. You can't walk down a sreet in London without one off those bloody things coming right at ya. I feel a protest against Segway about to errupt. madL

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Can you pick them up and hit people with them?

Meh

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
Yes, I would like my Segway thing in neon sparkly pink, with hydraulics, and the thwap and bludgeon options added...

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
*ROFLMAO*I can just picture you on the way to work crusin' down 13th on your neon sparkly pink segway, a trail of dead bums and crack heads in your wake..... That is true poetry.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.