MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ok, well I made a video. I gotta warn yall though, auto focus was on because my friend who was behind the camera is a moron Its also pretty dark because it was my first time using my camera and I used a faster shutter speed thinking it would make the video look better And lastly, the footage isnt even great cuz I was more or less just testing out my new camera...Most of it was just me waiting for my wicks to go out. But its only 3MB so it wont hurt to download reguardless

Royal Fire Poi - 3MB
Hayride Firebreather - 1MB

[ 31. October 2003, 20:31: Message edited by: Royal ]

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Can’t find it on Kazaa searched for homeofpoi and spinfinal with no luck what time of day do you have your computer on?

Sounds like a good idea though IV downloaded loads poi vid’s over the last few months and wanted to put them up on a website but have no idea how. So I have just made them all available on Kazaa just search for “poi”
If your vid is up there and you don’t want it to be tell me and I will make it un available also if I have changed the title of your vid sorry did it just for the purposes of sorting them out in my hard drive

Ps I leave my comp on 24 – 7 so you should be able to get them at any time.

[ 25. October 2003, 21:38: Message edited by: Mint Sauce ]

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
My computer has been on but for some reason, my file wont show up when searched for. I cant even get it to come up when I search for it. Dunno whats wrong with it.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
can you find my stuff I’m going to change the key word to homeofpoi after reading the thread on p2p which totally confused me I would love as many vids as pos but only use kazaa don’t know the dif between this and kazaa lite or any of the others help pleas I need it

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hiya's... it wont work if it's only in one shared folder on kazaa, you're gonna have to get a few mates to put it on. A sources thing, needs more than one i think. If you want I can host it for a wee bit, curious to see it...

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Would be great if ya could, Mot. Send me a PM and lemme know where to send it.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Nice moves royal, keep it up and cya round

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ok, well my video is now up, compliments of Mot (see the first post for link). Anyone who wants to can download it and share it on Kazaa to take some of the load off.

[EDIT] - I found my own host so I took the link to Mot's down.

The host I found is free and gives 100MB storage and 2GB/month bandwidth so I should be set for a while.

[ 26. October 2003, 06:45: Message edited by: Royal ]

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Also added a short clip of a firebreather from the haunted hayride I work at.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
wat hoste you using i have some clips of me practising i would like to get up myself.
100MB storage and 2GB/month bandwidth sounds good

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Check the file URL.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hummm no etra info just takes me to a page with thiss
-------------------------------------------------
If you can see this, your account liquidflame.gamhosting.com has been successfully created.
You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

Your address is: https://liquidflame.gamhosting.com.

Mike Dombrowski you are solely responsible for the contents of your site.
Any inappropriate sites will be deleted with no warning.

Thank you for using our services.
--------------------------------------------------
which dosent seem to go anywhere
the uls atached to the files is: https://liquidflame.gamhosting.com/spinfinal.avi
https://liquidflame.gamhosting.com/HayrideFirebreather.avi

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ha sussed it i am so thick sometimes sorry mate
dam no time to have a proper look have to go to work

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
A few things to say about the video:

First off, the autofocus thing is forgivable, but the exposure is set WAY too low. There's a delicate balance between getting sunbursts on chains (overexposure) and just seeing two yellow dots bounce around (underexposure) but if you poke around with your camera a bit you can find the manual exposure setting no problem. I know you handed your cam off to some other fellow, but it's something to keep in mind for next time to maybe educate him on the camera's basics before oyu light up. 5 minutes can make a significant difference

You've got some wicked stalling ability mate! You do a good job of stopping the poi and changing its direction while still maintaining a good flow in your spinning, which is definitely a sign of good speed control. I think I could make out some good body moevement in there too but it was hard to see you.

Liked the song too, what song is that?

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
The song is Without You by Tim Deluxe.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hmmm spent a while looking for the song, interested in getting it???? Then try...

I just won't do - Tim deluxe