Forums > Social Chat > Proust's Questionnaire

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
There is a French writer called Marcel Proust (I highly recommend you reading his book, but only if you have a LOT of free time !!!!!!!)Anyway. So Mr Proust is also famous in France for this questionnaire.Fill it on- or off line if you wish and keep it somewhere. Then look at it in a few months / years ... it is fun like taking a snap shot of you and watching it a few years later...So here I go... and again sorry for the translation !Shine onCassandra1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ? emotional2. The quality I expect in a man ? fair, good-hearted3. The quality i expect in a woman ? fair, good-hearted4. What I like most about my friends faithfull and never judge5. My main default paranoid and moody6. Favourites occupations Firedancing, traveling7. My idea of Happiness loving and being loved in return8. What would be the most painful thing for me Death of someone I love9. What do I want to be me, or Britney Spears, please wink10. The country where i want to live Wherever I feel at home11. Favourite colour Orange12. Favourite flower Sunflower13. Favourite bird Eagle14. Favourite prose authors Beckett, Brecht, Barjavel, St Exupéry, S. Zweig15. Favourite poets Baudelaire, P. Handke, Cioran16. Favourite fiction heroes Harry Potter, Lola (Run, lola run), Red Beard (Kurosawa film), Hermione (theater).17. Favourite composer Wow... too many...too different...18.Favourite painters Münch, Goya, Bacon19. My heroee in real life / History All the anonymous ones20. What I hate above all Humiliations21. Most respected law / Amendment Separation of church and state and abolition of death penalty.22. Gift of nature I'd like to have Singing23. How would I like to die In my sleep24. Current state of mind Sick (caught a nasty cold) but happy

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
too funny, i am literally reading harry potter right now, i am re-reading the first book

anyone got a light?

4,224 posts

Posted:
Harry Potter is WICKED !! i love it ...can't wait for the next one, and even looking forward for the movie...also Lord of the rings...aaaaah ...wicked wicked... damn, gotta get back to work !!!If you have some free time, make sure you drop me an email, sweet, Ok ? smileShine onCassandra

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
mmm, lord of the rings goodness.Why is Tolkien just so good?

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd make it easier on those wishing to post a response... here's a blank questionnaire that you can copy and paste:1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?2. The quality I expect in a man ?3. The quality i expect in a woman ?4. What I like most about my friends5. My main default6. Favourites occupations7. My idea of Happiness8. What would be the most painful thing for me9. What do I want to be10. The country where i want to live11. Favourite colour12. Favourite flower13. Favourite bird14. Favourite prose authors15. Favourite poets16. Favourite fiction heroes17. Favourite composer18.Favourite painters19. My heroee in real life / History20. What I hate above all21. Most respected law / Amendment22. Gift of nature I'd like to have23. How would I like to die24. Current state of mind

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?*witty, passionate, forthright2. The quality I expect in a man ?*intelligent, gentle (plus a zillion other things)3. The quality i expect in a woman ?*intelligent, witty, vibrant4. What I like most about my friends*lack of unnecessary boundaries within the friendships, the beauty that shines from within each of them5. My main default*default or fault? Fault: overwhelming superiority complex that actually masks a niggling inferiority complex6. Favourite occupations*writer, actor, Big Earning Advertising Creative7. My idea of Happiness*now8. What would be the most painful thing for me*insignificance9. What do I want to be*notorious10. The country where i want to live*good ol Australia ain't bad. Fiji is pretty sweet too.11. Favourite colour*red12. Favourite flower*frangipanni (sp?)13. Favourite bird*peacock14. Favourite prose authors*Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Anne Rice15. Favourite poets*Coleridge, Jim Morrison16. Favourite fiction heroes*Barbarella, Indiana Jones17. Favourite composer*Vivaldi18.Favourite painters*Salvador Dali, Escher19. My heroee in real life / HistoryMorgana le Fey20. What I hate above all*ignorance21. Most respected law / Amendment*equal rights22. Gift of nature I'd like to have*ability to heal others23. How would I like to die*quietly, after a fulfilling and happy life24. Current state of mind*I love life. This is the happiest I have ever been. Every year gets better and better. I have a fantastic relationship and many truly wonderful friends whom I love with all my heart smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?Friendly, Intelligent, Creative, Outgoing,Passionate2. The quality I expect in a man ?Honest, Intelligent, Sense of Humor3. The quality i expect in a woman ?The same4. What I like most about my friendsThat they are all different but accepting5. My main faultLow self-confidence6. Favourites occupationsPerformer, writer (and happily I am both!)7. My idea of HappinessIn different moments, different things make me happy.8. What would be the most painful thing for meLosing someone/thing I love9. What do I want to beMore skilled than I currently am10. The country where i want to liveAnywhere but here...I hear NZ and Oz are pretty nice!11. Favourite colourGreen and blue12. Favourite flowerCalo Lily (the death flower)13. Favourite birdI ***really** don't like birds much, but if I had to pick....A Crow14. Favourite prose authorsIt's like choosing a favorite star...it isn't going to happen with me. I love many authors for different merits.15. Favourite poetsShel Silverstein and Dr. Suess!!!!! E.E. Cummings, Byron, Eliot16. Favourite fiction heroesGandolf, Riddick(sp?? from Pitch Black), The Crow (1 & 2, three sucks!), Gambit17. Favourite composerNo picking favorites there either......18.Favourite paintersDrew Baker, Wyeth, Elwood19. My hero/ine in real life / HistoryJoan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth I, Bridget Bishop, some of my friends, Shannon and Dana,James O'Barr20. What I hate above allPre-judgement, bigotry, unreasonable misdirected intolerance and violence21. Most respected law / AmendmentFreedom of Speech22. Gift of nature I'd like to haveI have it, my son....beyond that everything else are additional blessings23. How would I like to dieLoved and not in pain24. Current state of mindI play with fire as a profession, date Whipping Boy and am a moderator on this board...pretty damn crazy I think! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 09 November 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?emotional2. The quality I expect in a man ?honesty, support, humour3. The quality i expect in a woman ?honesty, humour4. What I like most about my friendshonesty, support, same interests5. My main defaultparanoid a bit, get moody when i`m tired6. Favourites occupationsfire blow/spinning, rock climbing, computer stuff7. My idea of Happinesswaking up on the weekend next to my gf and knowing i have zero to do for the day8. What would be the most painful thing for melosing a close friend or a family member9. What do I want to beRICH AND POWERFUL!! Okay just rich would be nice10. The country where i want to liveUnited States11. Favourite colourNeon colors and red/purple12. Favourite flowererm.. the rose (cliche`d I know)13. Favourite birdmy girlfriend14. Favourite prose authorsdoulgas adams, terry prachett, koontz, poppy z brite, niel gaimen.15. Favourite poetsPOE, keats, yeats 16. Favourite fiction heroesThe sandman (aka Dream King)17. Favourite composernot sure.. 18.Favourite painterslucian freud, Christian Grazier (best friend)michaelangeo, 19. My heroee in real life / History20. What I hate above allppl who cheat 21. Most respected law / Amendmentdo unto others as u would have them do to u22. Gift of nature I'd like to havea child23. How would I like to dieunder the body of a 22 yr old woman. (smiling)24. Current state of mindpeaceful, content, apprehensive a bit, excited, energised.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Thanks Flash, I had not thought how much easier it would be to have a blank version for those who want to answer !!! And yes, I did mean fault and not default (I assume default means a mistake in the conception of an objsct for example, right ?) ... or maybe that word simply does not exist...Anyway, I found it very interesting to read both your answers, ladies moderators and yours too Chakan... smileMuch loveShine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 10 November 2001).]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I'll try to do this as seriously as possible1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?Extraversion, conscientiousness, neuroticism, agreeableness and openess to ideas2. The quality I expect in a man ?Able to think, able to talk3. The quality i expect in a woman ?Able to talk, able to smile, definitely able to think4. What I like most about my friendsThere all overseas....i mean.....they can all think, talk and smile5. My main faultquick to anger (quick to forget) self righteous, and always right.....well i am6. Favourites occupationsreading, talking, sleeping, twirling, sleeping7. My idea of HappinessI always thought that happiness was a cigar called hamlet, but as i doun't smoke....If im relaxed im happy.8. What would be the most painful thing for melosing friends.....for whatever reason9. What do I want to beA teacher, of english literature or drama10. The country where i want to liveTheres no place like home11. Favourite colourI like rainbows12. Favourite flowerWattle13. Favourite birdWilly wag tail14. Favourite prose authorsI like fiction of just about any sort, Tolkien (got prof J......though what was with the silmarillion) Jordan....lots of others15. Favourite poetsmy freinds16. Favourite fiction heroesHarry Potter (oh yeah), Spiderman hehe, Captain Caveman and the dog/dragon thing from the never ending story....i can't remember his name how bad is that!!!17. Favourite composerDylan, Hendrix, Harper, all for different reasons18.Favourite paintersI have no idea about paintings19. My heroee in real life / HistoryMy dad, my mum, My best mate Geoff (he's working in england at the moment with severly diabled children...i admire him a lot)20. What I hate above allFly's, bad drivers and americans wink21. Most respected law / AmendmentThis forum is for everyone. Everyone should be made to feel they are welcome. If you make a poke at someone as a joke always use a wink22. Gift of nature I'd like to haveHumility23. How would I like to dieSaving someone else24. Current state of mindA little depressed now actually.Cheers Apb

Good on usGood on us all

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Auspoiboy : the creature from never ending story was a luck dragon named falkorJust a FYI

4,224 posts

Posted:
APB, Cheer up sweetie smileYes, falkor... loved the faces he makes when they scratch him behind the ears !Shine on Cassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I knew it. I remebered his name about five seconds after i posted.Cass, i ok, i was just thinking about stuff that was promoted by the questionairre.Im happy again now.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?desire for knowledge, wanting to find the ideal woman to be with (but afraid I never will)2. The quality I expect in a man ?tough question... respect for other people and for nature, tolerence, and open mindedness.3. The quality i expect in a woman ?A woman I am involved with - sanity, passion, intellegence, self confidence (plus what I said above).For women in general, same as for men4. What I like most about my friendsthey are intellegent, creative, and know how to have fun.5. My main defaultif we mean "fault" - I would say probably that I am too demanding of myself and others.6. Favourites occupationsAstronaut, teacher.7. My idea of Happinessself confidence, appreciating the things around you, having worthwhile friends and a passionate lover. 8. What would be the most painful thing for meTo die slowly of something like cancer.9. What do I want to bein the end - worth the time and cost of my existance.10. The country where i want to liveI am very happy in the USA, thank you very much. I would be willing to live in plenty of countries, but America is where I will always be most comfortable both physically and mentally.11. Favourite colourSomething like "burgandy"12. Favourite flowereither orchids, bluebonnets (en masse), or magnolia blossoms. Columbines are nice too.13. Favourite birdMockingbird or nighthawk14. Favourite prose authorsDavid Brin15. Favourite poetsWilfred Owen, Tara long (not published)16. Favourite fiction heroesEnder Wiggin (Xenocide, Speaker for the Dead)17. Favourite composerBeethoven18.Favourite paintersDali, DaVinchi, Margrete.19. My hero in real life / HistoryMy father20. What I hate above allignorance21. Most respected law / AmendmentThe US Constitution's Bill of Rights in general, amendment 4 specifically - freedom from unreasonable seach and seisure.22. Gift of nature I'd like to haveto play music flawlessly and passionately - especially piano.23. How would I like to dieWhile making the most of the moment. 24. Current state of mindstressed out trying to get my dissertation ready by January!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
1. What are the main aspects of my personality? Cheerful, creative, generous (to the point of stupidity, quiet, trustworthy.2. The quality I expect in a man? Kindness, forgiveness, 3. The quality I expect in a woman? As above4. What I like most about my friendsThey accept me as I am 5. My main faultParanoid 6. Favourites occupationsOnes with silly names 7. My idea of Happiness Loving and being loved8. What would be the most painful thing for me? Being unwanted9. What do I want to be? A designer at the Henson Creature Workshop in London (or New York, or the Farscape one in New Zealand)10. The country where I want to live Not really thought about that too much11. Favourite colour Purple12. Favourite flower Icanthus13. Favourite bird Kingfisher14. Favourite prose authorNeil Gaiman15. Favourite poetSpike Milligan16. Favourite fiction heroes Death (Neil Gaiman heroine) Robin Hood (?), Chavez (Young Guns), Hoggle. 17. Favourite composers Simeon and Gordie, Jo Mason, Rev Hammer, Christy Moore, Simon Friend, John Tams, Liam Howlett18.Favourite painters PRB, Andy Goldsworthy (sculptor)19. My heroes in real life / History Rev Hammer, Christy Moore, Jim Henson, too many people to mention.20. What I hate above all Intolerance21. Most respected law / Amendment Do onto others, as you would have them do onto you22. Gift of nature I'd like to have Flight grin23. How would I like to die? Peacefully24. Current state of mindIntrospective------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
1. Main aspects of my personality.creative,playful, generous, free 2. The qualities i expect in a man.i want to be able to play with them, he must love the earth, gentle , kind , patient..3. The qualities i expect in a woman.all the same, friends are like mirrors of ourselves4. What i like most about my friends.they are just amazing, spontanious balls of energy (and fire!)5. My main fault.i'm a bit messy. sometimes.6.Favourite occupations.Clowning7. My idea of happinessthe freedom to be. creating a bond with reality.8. What would be the most painful thing for me.to not be able to contribute to helping to enrich anothers life.9. What do i want to be.directly involved with helping others, i want to also help young people express themselves thru art, an art therepist.10. The country where i want to live.Australia, so beautiful and diverse...i am also going to see the world..11.Favorite colourEarthy colours and ochres..12.Favourite flowerwildflowers13.Favourite birdraven, their magical yellow eyes14. Favourite prose Authers..Irvine Welsh, Paulo Cohelo15. Favourite poetsBen Harper, Paul Dempsy, John Butler16.Favorite fictitious heros.The Goodies, Betty Boop17.Favourite composerBen Harper, hendrix18.Favourite Paintersm.c esher, and a beautiful girl named Holly who tragically died a few years ago..19.My hero in real life..Indra..20.What i hate above all.Incencerity, greed and selfishness.21. most respected law.when the occasional law is passed in Aus, that protects and shows respect for sacred Aboriginal Land and the environment.22.Gift of nature i would like to have.ability to communicate with all of life23. How i would like to die.Unafraid, peaceful and happy..24.Current state of mind..i have itchy feet again.Hollyhope you are shakin that sadness APB

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yeah earth im cool. It was just a question about how i would like to die. A freind of mine died a while ago saving a small girl.....i just got a little saddened by it.But im okay nowCheers APB

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
Bumping it cause I really enjoy reading all of the answers.Earthdreamer : how's that foot doing ? winkVanize, fingers crossed for your dissertation !Shine onCass

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
OK Cassandra, seeing as you bumped it.... wink1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?considerate, calming, trustworthy2. The quality I expect in a man ?In A man; i try not to expect anything but human nature dictates that i probably do (well i expect them to be nice); in a partner - open minded, spiritual, freindly, trustworthy3. The quality i expect in a woman ? I like to try and take people as they come with no expectations. I do like women to be approachable though. 4. What I like most about my friendsthey are trustworthy, will love me whatever, whoever i am5. My main faulti worry too much about what other people may think about me, which holds me back sometimes (a recent development that i never used to have weirdly enough) but am working through it. 6. Favourites occupationsany occupation which helps people/animals/the earth7. My idea of Happinesslove, freedom8. What would be the most painful thing for mesomeone i love dying9. What do I want to bebalanced and free10. The country where i want to livenear the people i love11. Favourite colourearth colours12. Favourite flowerstar gazer lilies and birds of paradise13. Favourite birdfan tails, robins and rainbow lorequeetes 14. Favourite prose authorsso many... for me, its the content/subject matter rather than the author.15. Favourite poetsi dont read peotry although i try to write it16. Favourite fiction heroesWonderwoman and Powder17. Favourite composerBob Marley18.Favourite paintersmy mum, dali, renaissance knight type ones (dont know who theyre by)19. My hero in real life / HistoryMy dad, Martin Luther King20. What I hate above allclosed mindedness, having to say sorry, people abusing the ones i love21. Most respected law / AmendmentThou shalt not kill - even tho some countries still have the death penalty22. Gift of nature I'd like to havestrong healing powers - of the 'arise' type 23. How would I like to dieloved and content that i had done my life justice24. Current state of minddeveloping, happy, thankful

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
hah! cass, the fleas in my hairy monkey feet are driving me isane!!!!, erm, i am on the move again soon...exciting feeling isnt it...i have a lot of stomping to get done between here and Tasmania...mmmm, summer., ((((((APB))))))), there is a huge warm squishy hug for you APB, these experiences in life are our teachers...earth,,------------------------..and we can take the entire universe and put it inside a tiny head. You fold it

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
1. What are the main aspects of my personnality ?Goofy, fun-loving, intelligent.2. The quality I expect in a man ?Trustworthy, respectful3. The quality i expect in a woman ?Friendly, intelligent (no willy! tee hee grin)4. What I like most about my friendsThought provoking conversations, easy-going, good listeners5. My main faultMmm perfectionist?6. Favourites occupationsComputer programmer (yay!) or a water slide tester wink7. My idea of HappinessChilling with someone I love8. What would be the most painful thing for meLiving my life alone9. What do I want to beHappy, rich (gonna happen! just a matter of when) and healthy10. The country where i want to liveAustralia11. Favourite colourOrange (got a big puffy orange jacket check it out: my jacket )12. Favourite flowerTulip13. Favourite birdSwallow14. Favourite prose authorsAnne McCaffrey, Tolkien, Robert Jordan15. Favourite poems (I am my favourite poet)The Raven - Poe, She was a phantom of delight - William WordsworthAlso check out these by a friend of mine:Farrah Tate16. Favourite fiction heroesHe-man, Buffy, Bond... James Bond17. Favourite composerDanny Elfman, Rossini, Vivaldi, Sun Project, Fractal Glider... too many to list18.Favourite paintersdunno?19. My hero in real life / HistoryDarwin, Newton and Einstein20. What I hate above allHatred (ironic ain't it!!)21. Most respected law / AmendmentNewton's Universal Law of Gravity22. Gift of nature I'd like to haveTo overcome Newton's universal law of Gravity 23. How would I like to dieTrying to overcome Newton's universal law of gravity (Trying to fly)24. Current state of mindLonely------------------Take thy beak from out my heart,and take thy form from off my door![This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 14 November 2001).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Thank you ver much dreamer. I love hugs..........CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
me too, me too ! can I have a hug ? smileor is it something Aussies do only among themselves ? winkshine onCassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Ofcourse you can have a hug Cass.
Non-Https Image Link
There you are my sweetheart.Everyone deserves hugs, coz there really nice smile

Good on usGood on us all

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm not. I'm horrible.

Meh

4,224 posts

Posted:
APB, thank you for this sunny morning hug !!! smileCantus, fishing for compliments ? wink If you want us to consider you are horrible, you're gonna have to make a LOT more efforts, you're still sweet sometimes winkShine onCassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yeah.........sometimes!!! wink

Good on usGood on us all

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
So how much money did Cantus pay you for to say that about him hey guys.Hey I'm joking. I am. I really am.*backs away from Cantus, with arms up*Hey easy....easy......easy fella.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
1. what are the main aspects of my personnality ?adventurist, feindish, cheeky, spontanious, secretive and intense 2. The quality I expect in a man ?loyal, authentic, expressive, cool headed, and magnetic3. The quality i expect in a woman ?same again4. What I like most about my friendsthere all enigmas... and they don't ask too many questions5. My main defaultwary, untrusting, suspiscious, secretive 6. Favourite occupationspsychiatrist maybey, exploring, fashion designing, music creation.. so many7. My idea of Happinessgood music, good company8. What would be the most painful thing for meabandonment or betrayal of someone i trust9. What do I want to bemore forgiving10. The country where i want to livei'd rather be homeless and travel around11. Favourite colourred, green12. Favourite flowersunflower13. Favourite birdpelican14. Favourite prose authorhmm. tough one... so very many15. Favourite poetsjim morrison, jeff buckley16. Favourite fiction heroestank girl, dangermouse, indiana jones, gromit, c3p017. Favourite composermozart, vivaldi, bach,18.Favourite paintersgoya, vincent, smart19. My heroee in real life / Historyluke rhinehart, mniszchowa, angela jolie? 20. What I hate above allconformity21. Most respected law / Amendmentmurpheys22. Gift of nature I'd like to havemusic23. How would I like to diean intense moment of extreme pain24. Current state of mindsurprised... some of these answers are making me sound sadistic

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

4,224 posts

Posted:
*Bump* smileshine onCassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
tank girl, dangermouse, indiana jones, gromit, c3p0How cool are you???Beth may i call you beth.Let me ask you something in complete seriousness.Will you marry me? winkNo actually disregard that, i still have feelings for Cass.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Page: