Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Thought it was about time I slapped a link up here with my vids as I have got so much enjoyment and inspiration from everybody elses.

Go here and click 'movies' in the flames at the top of the page. Please right click and 'save target' so you only download the vid once.

More will be added over the next few months and hopefully some larger files once I get more space and traffic allowance.

Enjoy
Liam

[ 10. August 2003, 15:00: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yaaaay big up to the liam dude for joining the ranks of the video lords.
long may be your rain.
:opens a brolly indoors:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
hey dude

that front page picture is bad-ass.
that is a classic liam-tastic manga pose
If i tickle your toes can I have a copy of it high
res.
pweeeeeeeeease

damn it jo your sooo tight and clean, the long arm stuff ricks.
Liam i got compression problems with the prome. Codec??
and did you say:
"anyone want a shotty"

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I commented on them before in the macarame (sp) knots threead but crazy videos. I didn't see the sparking poi video before, I think that's definatly the best sparking poi video I have seen, I like the song you used (which BTW is classical gas by mason williams, and I think that's probably the eric clapton cover (mason williams version is a lot better sounding)

How much steel wool did you use? and how big of a wick did you put it over and how much did you soak it in kero before spinning?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Gimme a couple of days and i'll get back to you about the high res version Drew. Few options there but i'm just waiting on and email to decide for me.

The codec is windows media 9 as I wanted to keep them viewable to most people. Not like you to miss big orange letters on a webpage

...and yes, I would love a shotty thank you

Thanks for the music title Astar, I even changed the credits on the video and uploaded it again.

As a special prize you get a bonus video of Aiden, will be finished uploading in about 3 mins

I dont't really want to go into the design, not because i'm keeping it for us, more because they are quite wild toys. Jo is responsible for these really so no suprises there

I will answer your questions though...

1. Loads and a bit more for luck
2. Small, well placed wick
3. Short soak, probably about

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Click here for proof of their evil.

When we are happy with the design, we will of course add pictures to the equipment gallery.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
You think that piccy of my chest is bad liam, wait 'til you see it now! (winces remembering how sore it was trying to sleep on and showering in the morning)

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

6,978 posts

Posted:
ouuuuuch! killer photo, dudes!
was that burn with or without prompt aloe vera application?!?! how long after the injury was the photo taken? ooouw hope you heal real soon man!
also, please tell me that those 'meteor' slag piles formed incrementally and not as one flying mass of molten metal!!
you people give me nightmares!!
take care.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
eh up, Bender.

I think Liam took the photo immidiately after I did it. What hurt most was rubbing the melted skin and steel out of my chest when we got home. That sucked indeed.

Luckily, the big ball of steel seems to stay put until you bash it out after the burn. As you can see, baby cloth seeking meteors do escape though...

Jo.

6,978 posts

Posted:
sheesh man that's harshness itself!!
heal up quick mate!
that must be one mass-huge amount of wire wool u used, I'd hate to think what the wire llama you scored it off looks like now!!

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Bald.

Just for the record, the website is permanently down at that address (server 'problems' )

We will have it back up at a different addressa hopefully later in the weekend.

Watch this space.

No, not that one. This one: [ ]
some people

Jo.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Up and running again
New address is regretably www.firedanceuk.com and the link on my first post is updated too.

Decent amount of storage to tinker with so I have added some high res versions of the promo vid and made them available in DivX and Quicktime.

Would anybody benefit from High res versions of the others too?