PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hello my friends and fellow HoPers. It is I, Pele, here to inform you the time has finally come. It is September 30th and so it is time to begin the voting!Way back a few months ago I proposed a t-shirt/merchandise design competition to help defray costs of the first ever International Twirling and Fire Arts Convention to be held in Auckland, New Zealand in early 2003. The deadline for entries was September 30 and now it is time for the voting to begin!!!!!There are 29 wonderful selections to choose from. Those that are sketches now will be refined for the final merchandise design (not changed but no lines from paper will show either! wink). Those that say "Home of Poi and Fire Twirling" will not bear those words on the merchandise, it will be edited out. The decisions will be hard for all.And so...please check out all of our wonderful submissions on https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/tshirts.htmand
then send your top two choices to me at Pelesfyr@hotmail.com, or maybe Malcolm can set up a poll? Either way I am requesting that you vote only one time (sorry Robert, you can't vote a million times for yourself! tongue).Those whose designs are chosen will receive a $30 USD gift certificate for use at the HOP store online and a free tshirt of their own design...(how does that merchandise thing work for you Malcolm? confused )Anyway....voting will continue until October 31st, so you have time to think but not procrastinate! grinWinners will be announced in early November and merchandise will be ready to give as Winter Holiday gifts!!!!!! winkWith great anticipation.....------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 30 September 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
damn! smilethat's ok, i already know who i'm voting for grin

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Malcolm,If you win what will you do with a coupon to your own shop!!!Dave

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
After some very enthusiastic emails I have reached the decision to turn Robert Michael's lovely designs on #18 and #19 into one vote and if they win then #18 will go on the front of a tshirt and #19 will go on the back, so long as this is alright with you Robert. Those of you who sent in your two votes for his designs, please send me one more selection.I look forward to more votes...and thanks for the merch suggestions!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
little old me sent in my design today, 30th of sep, will it still get into the comp, or am i too late? [This message has been edited by Pele (edited 01 October 2001).]

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
little old me sent in my design today, 30th of sep, will it still get into the comp, or am i too late?

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
pele, yep - that's absolutely fine by me grin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
As long as it was in on the 30th (which is technically today in US time) I have no problem with it, ellie.Not many of the few thousand on this board have voted so all is good! smileGood luck!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
is the two choices/one voting chance per person thing no longer happening? is there a way to set up the voting process similiar to the monthly competion (one vote opportunity per person) like to vote you need to submit your name and email address?i reliese that the simple vote online thing was just set up but i would prefer that it go back to how it was before. basically i think it would be lame if someone took advantage of the current process and won by casting a million votes for themself rather than being an honest representation of the group choice. i would also recommend that the polls in who is leading be postoned until after the oct 31 voting deadline. i would rather have the atmosphere of this to be one where people vote for the design that they personally prefer without being influenced by popular opinion. sorry if i am being to opinionated about this issue but for me this is a matter of artistic integrity, if my art becomes one of the top design choices i want to feel that it is a postition that is justly deserved.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It won't let me vote as of 8:30 pm EST (you do the math) by checking boxes. Are we checking boxes? Emailing you? Slightly dimpling chads on butterfly ballots?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
cheers guys, i'm always getting into trouble for leaving things til the last minute.good luck to all the other designers, ellie

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.